PDA

View Full Version : New Book

luvmykid28
07-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I just bought a great new book last night. It's called Pints & Purls, Portable Projects for the Social Knitter http://www.knitpicks.com/Pints+Purls_BD31207.html. I liked it cause it has some quick gift ideas and looks like a fun book. Thought I'd share.

Knit on...:knitting:

MoniDew
07-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I can think of at least one among our number (ahem, Mason,) who would like that book...

thecatsmother
07-19-2009, 08:36 PM
that looks like a cute book...and it could apply to anything...
Tea,crumpets and knitting
Sticky buns and stocking stitch
Pyjama party,curls and purls

Yes it could get me out the house yet keep on knitting

rachael72knitter
07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
That does look fun. I was noticing somewhere, maybe Ravelry, that there is a "Sit and Get Lit" knitting group. They go to a bar and knit together. I always thought it would be fun to organize a group that does this. There is a bar where I live that has a bunch of rooms, with lots of couches and sitting areas. It would be prefect for this type of thing. I might need to consider getting this book if I ever organize such a thing.

luvmykid28
07-20-2009, 09:51 PM
The thing I like about this book is that it is full of fun projects that are very portable. Also it has some projects that will make great gifts for guys. I am not a barfly, but I do like to knit in public and I don't knit sweaters or socks (yet).

Knit on :knitting: :knitting: :knitting: