PDA

View Full Version : Great Lace Markers

maniago
07-25-2009, 06:09 PM
And cheap to boot! They are sequins from hobby lobby 300 for .99 cents. I used a small hole punch and the are tall enough the YOs don't slip over them

sgtpam
07-25-2009, 07:17 PM
And cheap to boot! They are sequins from hobby lobby 300 for .99 cents. I used a small hole punch and the are tall enough the YOs don't slip over them

What a GREAT idea!:cool:

WandaT
07-26-2009, 08:48 AM
That is a pretty cool idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Jan in CA
07-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Excellent! Always good to know another idea!

ArtLady1981
07-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Great Idea! :thumbsup: Especially nice to know that they prevent the yarnovers from 'jumping the fence'! Thanks for pointing that out!

mks22300
07-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Very clever!

mathwizard
07-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Never having done knitted lace, if you need markers then how do you remove them? Or is it a one time only use? I have a lace shawl on my to do list which hasn't come up yet to do. This will help me when I start the shawl.

maniago
07-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Never having done knitted lace, if you need markers then how do you remove them? Or is it a one time only use? I have a lace shawl on my to do list which hasn't come up yet to do. This will help me when I start the shawl.
When you get to a marker you simply move it to the other needle. They mark repeats in the pattern, so you know if you are off a stitch before you knit to the end of the row. Markers save alot of time

mathwizard
07-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Sorry , I worded it wrong. I know how to move markers but how do you remove them after done knitting. I saw a wip of someone and the number of markers was throughout her knitting. That is why I asked if used only once because the only way I could see to remove them was to cut them out of the knitting.

Plantgoddess+
07-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Sorry , I worded it wrong. I know how to move markers but how do you remove them after done knitting. I saw a wip of someone and the number of markers was throughout her knitting. That is why I asked if used only once because the only way I could see to remove them was to cut them out of the knitting.
The markers are on the needles themselves not on your yarn. When you come to a marker on your needle it is signaling that you must do something different, either an increase or decrease or to mark the end of a pattern repeat. Whenever you want to remind yourself to do something.
When you no longer need the marker you just slide it off the needle.
If you need to mark a portion of your knitting " permanently" such as beginning of round of sock or front of work done in round you would better use a stitch marker that works like a safety pin so you would be able to unpin it when you are done with it.