PDA

View Full Version : Oh What A Tangled Web We Weave....

saracidaltendencies
08-06-2009, 03:40 PM
when we carelessly stash our yarn...:help: This is what happens when you leave an unattended tub of yarn in a room with kids...I salvaged what I could but after much frustration ripped the yarn from the skeins/balls and threw away the tangled mess.

MoniDew
08-06-2009, 04:14 PM
:roflhard:

Jan in CA
08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Umm... looks like mostly novelty yarn so.... :teehee: Bummer that it happened though.

Vertigo1414
08-06-2009, 05:30 PM
and people wonder why i don't want kids anytihng soon...:teehee:

stitchabit
08-06-2009, 07:24 PM
My four dachshunds did the same thing to me years ago, tho they also ran it through the living room around the coffe table and the side tables. :roflhard:

Crycket
08-06-2009, 07:31 PM
we had a worse one at work the other day...all the eyelashy sale yarn in a big box, many of which had wormed their ways out of the labels...

it was at least an eight ball collision

Jan in CA
08-06-2009, 08:24 PM
it was at least an eight ball collision

:roflhard::roflhard:

saracidaltendencies
08-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Umm... looks like mostly novelty yarn so.... :teehee: Bummer that it happened though.

Yeah, most of it was...And I truly wasn't too saddened by the loss considering I bought most of that yarn when I first began knitting a few years ago...I thought the "fur" yarn looked so fun! Now I know better :teehee:

Vertigo1414
08-07-2009, 06:14 AM
the dangers of fun fur...i think we all have some of that hidden in our stash somewhere, right next to the red heart super saver

Cougar1
08-07-2009, 10:01 AM
I didn't have that problem with my kids...they knew better than touch anything that didn't belong to them or have permission to touch...now if I could only train my cats that way, but for some reason they just look at me like "what's the problem?"...and do it again when I leave something unattended...I never have figured out how they get yarn wound, not only around the chair and table legs, but up over the rungs 2, 3 and 4 times?

GinnyG
08-07-2009, 10:37 AM
OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucy78green
08-07-2009, 12:55 PM
My cat has eaten yarn in the past, luckily just a scrap of yarn left over from something, but it was all over the floor

nemaent
08-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Oh, bummer........ maybe it would be best to give to the kids as a toy?!

Jan in CA
08-07-2009, 04:22 PM

:teehee: If they are like most kids they've got a million toys, but nothing is as fun as something that isn't theirs.

dturner
08-07-2009, 05:59 PM
:rofl: I don't have kids, but like Rose, I have a miniature dachshund who just loves my yarn! In the pic below she is looking very innocent!

Vertigo1414
08-07-2009, 10:00 PM
:rofl: I don't have kids, but like Rose, I have a miniature dachshund who just loves my yarn! In the pic below she is looking very innocent!

my girls have a fox toy like that too. i've lucked out my dogs only like to lay on my skein while i knit and cuddle my knitting when i put it down. the only problem is my older one (in the avatar) sleeps with her tounge sticking out and get a little drooly...:drool:

saracidaltendencies
08-08-2009, 01:07 AM

I would, but, I have given them so many swatches and little balls of scrap yarn that end up all over the house and eventually in the trash...lol...They have fun with it for a whole 10 seconds before the swatches and yarn balls start collecting all the dog and cat fur all over the floors...lol....And yes, Jan, they have WAY too many toys!! :teehee:

saracidaltendencies
08-08-2009, 01:08 AM

LOL! Awww, sweet baby, she's just trying to keep the yarn warm for you!!