PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions on a good shawl?

hookedonknitting
08-07-2009, 12:31 PM
So I have a few skeins of a grey wool that I was thinking I could make into a shawl. I like the lacier kinds but since I am fairly new to knitting I am not sure what makes a good pattern. Does anyone have any ideas on something I could try. I liked the one that the other woman here is trying but it seems like it is a bit difficult to work with, But I love the peacock looking design. I have looked on ravelry and I get a little over whelmed with things to look for, So your help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jan in CA
08-07-2009, 12:34 PM
What weight is the yarn and how much yardage do you have? Do you want a triangle shawl or a rectangle?

hookedonknitting
08-07-2009, 12:41 PM
I like triangle shawls and it is worsted weight- I am guessing that it will be pretty warm! LOL! Not sure if this is an ok weight to do something lacier though... I have 892 yards but I am sure i could get more if need be.

PS sorry about putting the post in the wrong place!

blueygh2
08-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Sorted by yardage.
http://simpleknits.blogspot.com/2007/08/296-triangle-shawl-patterns.html

The bold ones are free I think.

suzeeq
08-07-2009, 02:28 PM
That should be more than enough yardage for a good sized shawl. Lacier ones are knit on larger needles which stretches the yardage even more. In addition to the website posted above, elann.com and knitty.com have quite a few shawl patterns; many of them can be knit in worsted even though the patterns may use thinner yarn.