PDA

View Full Version : Digital Creative Knitting

Ronda
08-21-2009, 07:05 AM
Has anyone tried this yet?

https://digital.creativeknittingmagazine.com/?mode=print_order_form&source=KDDN

This looks great. I'm about ready to sign up, but first I want to know if these issues can be saved/burned to a CD.

mathwizard
08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
I can't answer that question. I do know I prefer the actual physical copy of my magazine which is Knitters. I copy a pattern out of it with my scanner and the original stays in good condition. If you can burn a copy then it would be great. Knitters isn't digital yet and it has the plus sizes and very nice patterns.

OffJumpsJack
08-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Has anyone tried this yet?

https://digital.creativeknittingmagazine.com/?mode=print_order_form&source=KDDN

This looks great. I'm about ready to sign up, but first I want to know if these issues can be saved/burned to a CD.

That is a good question for their customer support contact form. I check their FAQ and it had only two questions! Just two? Yes.

I did find a note that said Adobe was required for downloading and printing any corrections to patterns. The sample issue is provided via Adobe Flash player. I don't think you can download that, but it does let you print pages from it. It had a rather nice print interface that let you check mark the pages you wanted to print.

Oh, on the page you linked is the following quote:
With Creative Knitting digital, you get immediate and free delivery of each issue, the ability to save and reference your issues anytime and anywhere (online and offline), and a paperless reading experience with high-resolution quality!

I added the emphasis to point out it says save and offline. That means (IMHO) you can download to your own computer and view and print anytime from there. Copyright restrictions still apply.

Ronda
08-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks, guys!

Crycket
08-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Thanks...

I am going to give it a go!

PS....I just got the subscription....and yes...you can save the current mags as PDFs

To save a PDF, you have to hit the print button icon on the bottom....then select all pages (make sure you have all the pages...there is a drop down # of pages on one side....make sure it has all 100 pages) and then "print and save" Once it has saved it as a PDF, it should also ask you for your printing preferences.....click Cancel to not print, and it will save your PDF without printing....

Crycket
08-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Actually...you can save back issues too...even better! I just got two years worth of subscriptions for $15!

Ronda
08-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Sounds great!