PDA

View Full Version : NewBie Here!!!!

LauraB2009
09-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi to all!
My name is Laura and I have been doing crafts for about 11 years (knitting and crocheting) now. I am a stay at home mom of 3 boys all under the age of 9 years old. I am also married to a wonderful man of 8 years (9 on St. Patty's Day).
At this point in my life I am expecting my final child and it just so happens that it is a girl. I am so excited to see her. I have 3 months to go and I am looking into making breastfeeding covers to give to friends and other people. I am going to also make one for me. I am hoping to come up with a pattern on my own for this but I know that it will take lots of time to do. If anyone has any tips on creating patterns I am all ears.

Jan in CA
09-03-2009, 01:21 AM
Not sure I can help, but I'll give it some thought!

Welcome to Knitting Help! :yay:

Mirl56
09-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Welcome to the Board! My, you have an attractive family.

I guess I'm thinking a shawl would be good for breastfeeding. Somthing with a little shaping like a Faroese shawl that would want to stay on your shoulders while you hold the baby and cover up parts.
http://www.lyndaillingsworth.com/Shawls.htm

dustinac
09-03-2009, 08:57 AM
:happydance:Welcome to KH!!

OffJumpsJack
09-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Well I had to Google it :doh: and most of the retail offerings are simply a hemmed rectangular fabric with a single behind the neck halter strap attached. ;)

Take a baby blanket pattern you like, adjust size if needed and attach a strap (woven or knitted) perhaps with a button on one side of the front for easy, one handed setup.
:shrug:
That's the engineer in me adapting an existing solution to a new use. :)

Of course you could opt to add a pocket inside or outside for handy storage of any small needed supplies.