PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Scramble Bag

dorismcl
09-08-2009, 04:21 PM
A couple of years ago I started this tradition. I have 3 granddaughters and I made 4 sets of matching mitts, toques and scarves. I dumped them of the floor for each to choose one - their mother took the 4th.
I have continued this practice each year, doing those small Items in yarns that appeal to me and I have added pencil thrumm to the mitts.
There are dressy scarves, long wool scarves, toques, neck warmers and moebius cowls. I scour the internet for patterns and the shops for yarn. It's fun since every item can be knitted so quickly. And they (now 5) enjoy the scramble.
DorisMcL:knitting: :knitting: http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/images/smilies/knitting.gif

dorismcl
09-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Mirl56
09-08-2009, 05:08 PM
That sounds like a fun idea!

cftwo
09-09-2009, 10:45 AM
I will be doing something similar for the 8 employees who report to me - making a bunch of identical things in different colors and letting them choose their favorite colors.

Jan in CA
09-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Great idea for your granddaughters. :thumbsup:

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Why? :?? Any method of replying is fine.

melmac51
09-14-2009, 12:20 PM
What in the world is a toque?? :?? (I feel like an idiot.)

GinnyG
09-14-2009, 03:53 PM

Canadian for HAT :-)

psquidy
09-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Awww don't feel bad.

Lisa R.
09-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by dorismcl

Why? Any method of replying is fine.

If you just scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll see the reply box with that message in it. I think you have to hit one of the reply buttons to actually enter text. I'm guessing that she hit the "submit post" button before over-typing that text.

twisusfir
09-15-2009, 11:05 PM
This is an interesting discussion. thank you for sharing

Electric adjustable beds prices and reviews (http://adjustablebedsprices.org)