View Full Version : yo and yfwd

09-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi can someone explain please - I understand yarn over but don't know what the difference between that and the instruction yfwd (yarn forward?) is. Is there one?
Thank you!

09-15-2009, 06:04 PM
YO is an American knitting term, yfwd is a british knitting term for a YO between 2 knit sts. They also use yon, yrn and another to indicated YOs between 2 purls, from a purl to a knit, and from a knit to a purl. We just use YO for all of them.

09-15-2009, 07:04 PM
just be careful as yarn forward is usually, but not always for the purposes of a YO such as when doing slip stitches

09-16-2009, 12:06 AM
If it's a slip st pattern, then yfwd is not the same as a YO.

09-16-2009, 06:00 PM
thanks suzeeq, that's kinda what I was trying to say but at 1am what I actually wrote only made sense to me