PDA

View Full Version : What to knit with silk yarn?

blueygh2
09-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Well well.

I was looking for some special yarn, because I wanted to make a scarf for a friend, but he has sensible skin, so it should be as un-itchy as possible, found some, and also found some silk yarn ("Silk" by "Lang yarns"), and I couldn't resist the urge to buy some, but now I don't know what I could knit or crochet with it...

Any ideas?

globaltraveler
09-26-2009, 09:28 PM
How much did you get? I love silk yarns. :) Anything that you have to wear directly on your skin is lurvely in silk. A little cami or t-shirt style is divine in silk. So are little cardi's, you want to look for things that need really nice hand and drape.

Crycket
09-27-2009, 10:45 AM
lol...I was going to say...I have only seen two silk yarns (one diamond, and the other was fiddlesticks) I don't like the feel of silk yarn at all..I find it...I don't know...crunchie...I like it in blends....but not 100% silk....

That being said...I have seen a lovely cardigan pattern....but it was a very lacy and open type thing....

mwhite
09-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Well well.

I was looking for some special yarn, because I wanted to make a scarf for a friend, but he has sensible skin, so it should be as un-itchy as possible, found some, and also found some silk yarn ("Silk" by "Lang yarns"), and I couldn't resist the urge to buy some, but now I don't know what I could knit or crochet with it...

Any ideas?

YUMMMMMM...love silk and haven't found a suitable pattern yet but it sure is fun to pull out and feel! :teehee: I like Global Traveler's idea of something like a tee or pretty cardi.

farmgirl
09-27-2009, 08:30 PM
How much of the yarn do you have? You might want to do a cowl if you don't have as much and knitting will take less yarn than crocheting. Ravelry has some great patterns for scarves and cowls in DK weight yarn. The pics of that yarn look yummy, I can't imagine how soft it must be!!!