PDA

View Full Version : Is there a UFO thread started?

Woodi
10-03-2009, 11:08 AM
for Unfinished Objects, that is...

I have several, and even a box to store them in, labelled UFO's :aww:

Here's one, which has me the most frustrated, cuz I spent so many, many hours on it.

It got all 'out-of-square' (cuz I can't count stitches, I guess...) and I just kept on.
Then I found a solution, and was temporarily all proud of myself....I crocheted long and short sticks in the brown, to square it....(see below, left bottom corner).

Now the pride has changed to shame, as I feel I ought to have frogged it....oh dear, what to do? Toss it? give it to a child as a completed doll blanket?

It would make a nice lapghan if I could just finish it....or maybe I could turn it into a shawl
...(for those cold, winter morning meditation sessions at the Hermitage nearby, at 5:30AM....)
by knitting sides onto it, in a striped or plain pattern?

What to do? what to do?.....what would you do?

It is 23 inches square (finally, squared!)

http://www.soapmaker.ca/SoapPics/LogCbinSqd.JPG

ArtLady1981
10-03-2009, 12:44 PM
The GOOD THING about log cabinning...they are never UFO's...they are WIP's. The Mason-Dixon gals say they ALWAYS have a worsted weight and a dk weight log cabin in progress. After they've finished something, they add the leftover yarn to the log cabin in progress!

When this log cabin of yours is a little bigger, you could use it for a nap blankets, but, as is you can use it for a lapghan! You have a nice color scheme rollin'...but now you could start adding random bits of color on the outside logs! Hang in there!

Jan in CA
10-03-2009, 12:52 PM
We don't have a UFO thread because it would end up being ridiculously long. We all have a bunch of them. :teehee:

To be honest I think some of the "off center" log cabins are really cool. Who says they have to be all centered and matchy matchy? Work on it a little at a time and eventually you'll have a lovely blanket. I like the colors!

UruzPhoenix
10-03-2009, 03:52 PM
looks fine the way it is...

my knitting UFO's list is non-existent.... i generally have 2 projects going at once (a small, portable project since my dh prefers to drive when we go places and then a larger not-so-portable project for home)

My quilting.... that's another monster... i have 2 baby quilts in the process and no real desire to work on them right now....

Mirl56
10-03-2009, 05:28 PM
I think your log cabin blanket looks great. Love the colors you're using. A splash of red or something bright placed randomly would be a good addition.

I've got a log cabin dishcloth on the needles right now. A little labor intensive for a dishcloth - all those ends to weave in! but I stop and weave every few blocks so there won't be soo many at the end. I keep it in the car, it's my on the go 'waiting in line/waiting for DS' project.

McKnitty
10-04-2009, 10:18 AM
I think it looks great! Keep going!

melmac51
10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
I agree with everyone else...it DOES look great! If you don't want to continue, you could always knit a 23" solid square, sew them together, stuff it and have a nice cushy throw pillow.

Hey, it's a "mixed medium" (knit/crochet) project! Love your colors.