PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Problems

blessedtosew
10-25-2009, 05:40 PM
I posted about 3 or 4 days ago my almost finshed Alpine cardigan. I had made it up to blocking it. Well, I started seaming it together without reading the order of construction. That was not a good idea considering I had never seamed a knitted garment before. I did it in the wrong order because my shoulder seams just weren't working out. Then I decided to read the instructions. That is when I discovered that the order was the problem. I started taking out my seams and decided to get the scissors because some of the thread just would not come out. :noway: Well, I cut the wrong thread and some of it came unraveled. I have tried a couple of times to put it back together but the unraveled part just won't cooperate. The only thing for me to do is to take that section apart and reknit the right front and right sleeve. It is my own fault, but I am soooooooooo frustrated right now. The thing that is so frustrating is that I have very little time to knit and I had already spent 6 weeks on this. I want to cry when I think about it. Why did I go and get the scissors? :wall: I am thinking of stopping on it and knitting something simple to make myself feel better. Then I might try and pick it up. Thanks for listening and does this sound like a good idea?

Mirl56
10-26-2009, 06:34 AM
OH, gosh - I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles!

Yes, I agree, set it aside and do something quick and easy to get you in better spirits. Then you can refocus with a clear mind on the cardigan.