PDA

View Full Version : need help with the pattern

nez
12-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Hello Ladies,
I am new here and sorry if the attached pattern is already on another thread but could you please explain or forward me to the thread where this orange colour pattern has been taught .
Thank you..

suzeeq
12-26-2009, 10:58 AM
The picture in orange looks like seed stitch, which is under Basic stitches on the Tips page

nez
12-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Thank you for your response..
I wish it was seed stitch but apparently it’s not. There is an instruction on the pattern, I followed but couldn’t do it. So, either I am doing wrong or something is missing on it.

I’ll translate it.

1st line: 1 purl, skip 1 stich then yarn over the skiped stitch, 1 purl, skip 1 stitch -yarn over the skiped stitch.Continue from beginning till the end of raw.

Reverse side: purl all the stiches. (knitting the skipped stich with yarn over(increased) stitch)

2nd line: knit 2 purls, skip 1 stich – yarn over over the skipped stich, purl 1 stitch, repeating skip1 stich – yarn over the skipped stich, purl the next stitch.

Reverse side: purl all the stiches. (knitting the skipped stich with yarn over(increased) stitch)

Following rows will be like 1 and 2 and reversed sides will always be purled.

The clue for knitting rows 1 and 2 she says, where you see right(knit) stitch you knit it purl then take the next stitch skipped and yarn over it.

She doesn’t say if she started casting on with odd or even numbers.

suzeeq
12-27-2009, 10:23 AM
It may be a variation of Brioche st, which does use a YO and slip st which you knit together on the next row. See The Brioche Stitch (http://briochestitch.com/sv.HTM) to look for a similar stitch pattern. And that would be 'slip' a stitch, rather than 'skip' it, unless that means the same thing.