PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Great KnittingHelp.com Twitter Contest

sheldon
01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Hey Everyone,

We're holding a contest and giving away some great prizes, including an colored Denise interchangeable knitting needle kit. You can learn how to enter in here:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/content/twitter-contest

Hope everyone is having a wonder new year!

Sheldon

sheldon
01-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Hmm, not a single reply. I guess we don't have many twitter user's on the forum. :mrgreen:

kellyh57
01-04-2010, 11:26 AM
I entered!

sheldon
01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
I entered!

Hooray!!! :cheering:

Jan in CA
01-04-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm not a twitterer so it's not for me, but good luck!

globaltraveler
01-04-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm just about to blog it. :) I'm not a Denise fan, though, so I'm not entering -- don't want to possibly win the thing when someone who would love them would be much more delighted to get them!

LifeIsGood
01-04-2010, 03:44 PM
I saw your announcement on Facebook and was bummed to see it was limited to Twitter users (of which I am not one) :( . But what a fun contest for those who do Twitter. Good luck everyone!

~Life

sgtpam
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I saw your announcement on Facebook and was bummed to see it was limited to Twitter users (of which I am not one) :( . But what a fun contest for those who do Twitter. Good luck everyone!

~Life

Me too...can't see joining the "twitter craze";:wall:
Good luck all

Mirl56
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I refuse to Twitter and am trying to wean myself out of Facebook, too. Is there a patch for that???

sheldon
01-04-2010, 05:40 PM
We've been using Twitter and Facebook more and more to help connect with the extended knitting community. So it seemed natural to offer a contest via Twitter. It enables the buzz to reach further than just KH, and helps educate people that this site exists. If you don't use twitter currently, you can still participate by creating an account. The barriers to entry are low.

I admit I didn't find much value in Twitter when I first signed up. It took a while of using before it just clicked. I now find it's a great resource for casting around for ideas and connecting with people who are in a similar professional or craft. Like anything it has the potential to be productivity killer. I can do Twitter, but I can't handle Facebook.

So far we have about 350 entries for the contest. Word spreads quick in the Twitterverse! :mrgreen:

sheldon
01-04-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm just about to blog it. :) I'm not a Denise fan, though, so I'm not entering -- don't want to possibly win the thing when someone who would love them would be much more delighted to get them!

We are doing the Denise needles because it's the kit we used to sell. We are sponsoring the contest from our online shop inventory. But we may try to get sponsors for future contests and who knows, maybe we'll offer some other interchangeable needle kits. :happydance:

Thanks for blogging about the contest and helping to get the word out there.

sgtpam
01-04-2010, 05:54 PM
So far we have about 350 entries for the contest. Word spreads quick in the Twitterverse! :mrgreen:

WOW...that's a great response! I expect we'll see a lot more introductions here soon:teehee:

sheldon
01-04-2010, 06:03 PM
WOW...that's a great response! I expect we'll see a lot more introductions here soon:teehee:

And there's still a little more than 6 days left. The contest so far has exceeded our expectations.

If we can figure a way to do a similar thing on Facebook, we may hold another on there. So far, this has been a lot of fun for me to organize.

lelvsdgs
01-04-2010, 11:00 PM
I entered yesterday too! Looks like a fun contest. I saw it on Facebook by the way...

Dari
01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
I just entered :)

etoilechaude
01-04-2010, 11:49 PM
I 'think' I entered? I'm a horrible twitter user lol... so hopefully I did it correctly.

lissaplus2
01-05-2010, 12:23 AM
I entered!!

corey412
01-05-2010, 01:25 AM
I entered! As a teen knitter who is rather low on cash, it would be really nice if I won something.

Mirl56
01-05-2010, 10:55 AM
OK, I got sucked in and entered too!

Wouldn't mind one of the silk bags for the runners up prizes!

sheldon
01-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks for entering everyone! :cheering: Amy and I are truly excited about the contest and the response thus far. So far we have about 450 entries!

We hope to make contests a more regular thing here on KH. We are going to see if we can get some sponsors on-board for future contests and offer some cool knitterly prizes. :happydance:

sheldon
01-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I just wanted to post an update on the contest. We currently have over 650 entries, so with 6 prizes the odds are about 1 in a hundred that you win something. Thanks to everyone who has entered the contest. If you haven't entered yet, it's not too late. The contest closes on Sunday at Midnight (EST) and we'll be announcing the winners on Monday.

You can find out more about entering the contest here:

And this won't be the last contest we hold. We are hoping to make contests of various sorts part of the KH culture. We're currently looking for prize sponsors.

Mike
01-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I might have entered. I tweeted before following. Then twitter broke.

sheldon
01-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Our Twitter contest ended late last night and we randomly selected the winners from all the entries received. The winners have been posted here.

:cheering: :cheering: Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone who entered. We hope to hold another one of these in the future! :happydance: :happydance: