PDA

View Full Version : question about my odd circular needle, will it be ok?

drquinnfan937
01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I just bought a circular needle from hobby lobby because I really need it for my next project and it's a Boye. The weird thing about it is, when I took it out, it's sort of stuck in a v shape, the part that is supposed to be circular, I've tried to bend it and fix it, and since it's not exactly circular will it mess up my knitting or turn out ok?
I live in a small town and hobby lobby was the only place that had even half of what I needed.

Thanks

Lisa R.
01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I just bought a circular needle from hobby lobby because I really need it for my next project and it's a Boye. The weird thing about it is, when I took it out, it's sort of stuck in a v shape, the part that is supposed to be circular, I've tried to bend it and fix it, and since it's not exactly circular will it mess up my knitting or turn out ok?
I live in a small town and hobby lobby was the only place that had even half of what I needed.

Thanks

For some of the stiffer cables on circular needles, you can put them in hot water, hold them straight, and then run cold water on them. That helps some.

But no, it shouldn't mess up your knitting, as long as it doesn't break

sgtpam
01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Or you can use a hair dryer...that's what I use.