PDA

View Full Version : OT: Suzeeq or Squeez, what do you see first?

OffJumpsJack
01-11-2010, 03:01 PM
For a long time now I've had to keep correcting myself when I read your name.

I keep transposing the letters and I wonder if you knew that your member name anagrams into...

Squeez

Isn't that the plural form of the fan girl exclamation, "SQUEE!"

Was it Intentional? I didn't think you were the "fan girl" type.

Anyway, I'm wondering if I wasn't the only one who sees that anagram.

Jan in CA
01-11-2010, 03:15 PM
:roflhard: And no I don't see that. I do read some peoples names wrong though and I often am confused about gender because of user names and avatars. :doh:

suzeeq
01-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Nope, it's a variation of suzieq that wasn't already taken. It was taken on another board I belong to so I changed that spelling to soozeq. A friend of mine calls me suzieq, and others call me suzee. I prefer the 'z' to an 's', just to be different...

GinnyG
01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
hahahahaha

actually I always see squeez too, it took me a while to figure out it was Suzie Q!!!

Mike
01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
hahahahaha

actually I always see squeez too, it took me a while to figure out it was Suzie Q!!!

I always transpose the first and last letter in your name.

GinnyG
01-12-2010, 08:29 AM
I always transpose the first and last letter in your name.

LOL, I do too. Sometimes i can't remember which is which!

OffJumpsJack
01-12-2010, 10:41 PM
:roflhard: And no I don't see that. I do read some peoples names wrong though and I often am confused about gender because of user names and avatars. :doh:

I am not a dog. ;)

I always look before I leap...

I have never bungee jumped.

Please, don't make me change my member name. :sad:

Oh, I know, I often "jump" off on tangents...

... and please don't suggest
DoesThisTrainOfThoughtHaveACaboose
:)

OffJumpsJack
01-12-2010, 10:50 PM
hahahahaha

Actually, I have a dear, childhood friend I called Suzie Q so I got Suzeeq's intention right away.

It is just when I'm not paying close attention that I first see the anagram.

I'm going to edit this thread title because I am sure it should get more views.

meowmeowmeow
01-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Squee is also the name of a character in the comic book Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.He is a very traumatized kid who happens to see a lot of murders.They gave him his own spin off.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs43/300W/i/2009/062/0/3/Nightmare_Time_With_Squee_by_sassafrass002.jpg

suzeeq
01-12-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm going to edit this thread title because I am sure it should get more views.

Gee thanks, Jack. Just what I want, more attention...

brolie
01-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Nope, it's a variation of suzieq that wasn't already taken. It was taken on another board I belong to so I changed that spelling to soozeq. A friend of mine calls me suzieq, and others call me suzee. I prefer the 'z' to an 's', just to be different...

isnt that ted nugent?

suzeeq
01-13-2010, 01:01 AM
isnt that ted nugent?

Huh?

Jan in CA
01-13-2010, 01:36 AM
isnt that ted nugent?
Huh?

Yeah, what?!

For the record I see it as Suzee Q. :thumbsup:

OffJumpsJack
01-13-2010, 10:10 AM
isnt that ted nugent?

Huh?

Yeah, what?!

For the record I see it as Suzee Q. :thumbsup:

Well far be it for me to miss a tangent on which to jump...

You probably are thinking of CCR but ...

Earlier, "Suzie Q" was sung by Dale Hawkins (early rock'n roll even rock'abilly)

Later done by CCR.

We'll just leave The Who out of it... :roflhard:

Hey, how did that happen?

suzeeq
01-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Oh the song. Didn't the Everly Brothers do a version too?

brolie
01-13-2010, 11:51 AM
gotta love cowbell!

i was thinking of cat scratch fever.. my older brother is in a fantastic cover band and they always say "lets do nuge!" but when they do suzie q the singer always tells my brother - the drummer - "give me that cowbell ben!"

oh and the girl who was pink ranger in the original power rangers plays suzie q in the movie :D haha

kellyh57
01-13-2010, 01:00 PM
I see it correctly. My mom's name is Sue and her last name starts with a Q so she gets called Suzie Q/Sue Q all the time. (She also loves Suzie Q's, the Hostess snacks too. They don't make them in Iowa anymore so every once in a while, I'll buy her a box at the outlet and take them to her.) I also know a girl named Suzee and that's how it's spelled. She's a knitter too so I always picture her when I see SuzeeQ's name pop up too even though I know it's not her!

RuthieinMaryland
01-13-2010, 04:53 PM
I can't believe I had to read these posts before I got the Suzee Q!!!!

I've just been mentally reading it "suzeek" all this time!

:doh: I must just have a lot of knitting on the brain!

Glad that little mystery's cleared up!

Happy Knitting,
Ruthie :hug:

RuthieinMaryland
01-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey, Jack baby!!! :woot:

Thanks for the music clips! I particularly love CCR (saw what's left of them in a Credence Clearwater Revival a couple of years ago) and it was so neat to click and play!!!

You go, guy! :yay:

Ruthie

tokmom
01-13-2010, 05:53 PM
I always have read it as Suzy Q, but I loved the music:mrgreen: . I never realized there were that many versions of one song.

lissaplus2
01-13-2010, 06:25 PM
It took me a while to figure it out too...One day i just stared at her name and said IMMA FIGURE THIS OUT!!!

Alot of people think my name means Im a rather large woman.....LOL

DoesThisTrainOfThoughtHaveACaboose
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Too funny jack....

This THREAD is HILLARIOUS!!!!!

laikabear
01-14-2010, 07:35 PM
SuzeeQ has never stumped me, but some of the others do...

Jodstr2, trvvn5, blueygh2... (how do you pronounce those?)
Vaknitter (I always read VALknitter since I have a friend named Val)

Then again, I guess Laikabear is a little weird too... Laika is my dog's name, and she is kind of like a big fuzzy teddy bear, so people at work started calling her Laika Bear, and then I overheard one of the receptionists telling a client her name is "Like A Bear" because she's so similar to a bear... :teehee:

saracidaltendencies
01-14-2010, 07:45 PM
I can't believe I had to read these posts before I got the Suzee Q!!!!

I've just been mentally reading it "suzeek" all this time!

:doh: I must just have a lot of knitting on the brain!

Glad that little mystery's cleared up!

Happy Knitting,
Ruthie :hug:

That's how I read it for a while too! :teehee: For the longest time I thought it was suzeek until one day it finally dawned on me that it is in fact, suzee Q...lol

Debbie
01-15-2010, 12:34 PM
She will always be squeeze to me ... so glad I am not the only one whose brain makes assumptions :)

gingerbread
01-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Oh dear me too I saw squeeze for the longest time. Then I really looked at it and then I saw it. I still have to repeat to myself that it is suzie Q aka suzeeq

suzeeq
01-15-2010, 03:25 PM
What the heck.... the Q is at the end.

lissaplus2
01-15-2010, 05:43 PM
:shrug: twisty dyslexic reading?:teehee:

brolie
01-15-2010, 07:19 PM
well if it makes you feel any better there are probably a ton of people who don't even look at names, just the words they post..

laikabear
01-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm with you, Suzeeq! I always hear John Fogerty (CCR) start to sing Susie Q when I read your replies to my questions! :)

I saw them (well Fogerty at least) at the Washington DC New Year's Y2K celebration and it was soooo groovy. Wish I had been around when they were originally together. :cool:

Jan in CA
01-15-2010, 08:58 PM
What the heck.... the Q is at the end.

I know! :roflhard:

Debbie
01-16-2010, 11:13 AM
How cool to have 3 pages about your name !!!!!!!

suzeeq
01-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Not really....

OffJumpsJack
04-26-2010, 04:46 PM
I thing I would like to have three pages about my name. :roll:

hookedonknitting
04-26-2010, 04:50 PM
I still read mine as who donkey...LOL!

PS I see Suzie Q, but I always think of that denzel movie... :)

OffJumpsJack
04-26-2010, 04:58 PM
I still read mine as who donkey...LOL!

PS I see Suzie Q, but I always think of that denzel movie... :)

who donkey?

friend of shreck!

:roflhard:

Around here there are cream filled chocolate cakes called
"Suzie-Q" but at college we called them "chemical cakes" after reading the ingredients. :oo:

Well, Sue has been exceptionally sweet tempered to put up with three whole pages about her member name.

So of course I'm a gonna push for four pages now. ;)

OffJumpsJack
04-26-2010, 05:00 PM

Come to think of it, most of my time here I just look like a dog...
:)

MerigoldinWA
04-26-2010, 05:33 PM
I've always seen Suzeeq as Susie-Q, but I have trouble remembering how to spell it, instead of having to scroll until I find the name, I just use Sue. :)

I have odd things I call some of the other members though. The only one that comes to mind right now is blueygh2. I call him "blue eyed girl". :lol:

suzeeq
04-26-2010, 06:16 PM
I thing I would like to have three pages about my name. :roll:

Some of us don't like a lot of attention directed our way. You're obviously not one of those people. ;)

N0obKnitter
04-26-2010, 09:48 PM
I always thought her name was "Suzy Q" here..just spelt different. Amirite?

suzeeq
04-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Yep that's my nym. It's usually unique enough to not be taken while the conventional spellings are.

RoseFairy
04-28-2010, 10:34 PM
well if it makes you feel any better there are probably a ton of people who don't even look at names, just the words they post..

*Raises hand* I'm one of those people that don't really pay attention to names about 90% of the time. The other 10% yes. I do remember names if I read alot of posts with the same name though.