PDA

View Full Version : Sock class! Yaahhh!!

WandaT
01-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm so excited to go to my first sock class tomorrow night. :woot: It's gonna be SO much fun! First off, I have made one pair of slipper socks with magic loop so I know I can do it on my own ... but four of us from our S&B group signed up together. We're gonna have a ball! The main reasons I am doing the class is for #1 fun, #2 I'm sure they can show me some tips and tricks to make it a bit easier and #3 it will force me to take the time to make some. I always say my socks are next, but another project always get in the way.

Anyway, just wanted to share.

catlvr
01-18-2010, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't try socks if my life depended on it LOL!! Have fun though, post a pic when you get your first pair done, I'd be interested to see them.

lissaplus2
01-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Socks are a blast to make!! I make all my socks and my hubbys and my sons and my daughters. I got them spoiled i guess.

Have fun!!!

:knitting:
melissa

nannaknits
01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Ooh Wanda, socks are a lot of fun to knit. Especially in all the new lovely sock yarns that are on the market. They are a fun take a long project too. Have a blast. Nana

CivicSista
01-18-2010, 11:25 AM
I just started my first sock. I need to find a class that I can go to at a local yarn shop tho

AngelaR
01-18-2010, 12:39 PM
I love socks so much that I always have a set OTN. I envy any classes or knitting circles that you all have. I wish I had the time to start one here, but simply put, there are barely enough hours in the day for what I have on my plate now... maybe after May when my gardening and teaching obligations are not so in demand. We shall see.

Let us see what you guys work on.

UruzPhoenix
01-18-2010, 04:33 PM
i love making socks. I'm actually at crisis level with my sock yarn right now (as in i only have enough to make between 1 and 3 more pairs using the yarn harlot's sock cheat sheet pattern)..

i seem to make them for people NOT me....

zkimom
01-18-2010, 06:06 PM
I like making socks as long as there are two on my needle at a time. Toe up or cuff down; either is fine as long as there are two. One sock with dpns would mean sock for me.

I just discovered a lone sock hidden away in a knitting basket from before I learned Magic Loop and the 2 circs method :teehee: