PDA

View Full Version : Pom a Doddle

ndaisy
01-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Anyone find any patterns or make anything with Red Hearts pom pom yarn? I love it.. its so soft. I knit much better with it than crochet.. cant seem to find the stitch in crochet as well. Makes a nice fast project.

Has anyone had any problems with it.. I have gotten quite a few straying pom poms, been lucky most have been in the beginning of my project. And what is the best way to weave those stray edges in?

Had a few fray in the middle, a bit worried my nieces will pick at it till it comes apart.

Cheri

AngelaR
01-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I found this scarf (http://www.redheart.com/Libraries/ProductDocuments/950/WR1897.pdf) on the Pom a Doodle page. I love the look of it and I have a daughter that will squeal over the scarf I am going to make her.

sgtpam
01-24-2010, 12:20 PM
I see they also have videos on how to crochet and/or knit with it...see the quick links on the left.
http://www.redheart.com/OurYarns/tabid/1281/Default.aspx

Can't wait to see the results:knitting:

Knutschen
01-24-2010, 01:00 PM
I bought some of this yarn but haven't done anything with it yet. I am going to have make my nieces and I a scarf from it! :)

Thanks for the links and the video is a big help to me. I am a brand new knitter!

ndaisy
01-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Ah thanks for all the information, was hoping to find some new patterns with it.

I think I found out about the yarn from those U tube videos.. looking for something else.

Would love to make a hat with it.. maybe the rim part to start just not sure how to approach that.

I did get the scarf done in the pinks, and it is so soft and squsihy my 11 year old son wants one. I have to keep telling him.. its a girly yarn.

So now have to figure out how to make maybe a pillow for him in the blues.

I did my scarf with 8 dpns.. just love dpns for small work..and a 10 stitch cast on. The scarf ended up around 40 inches. A good size for my small 6 and 9 year old neices from an entire skein of it. For my daughters probally going to need another 1/2 a skein.

It knits up very fast, my son was so impressed everytime he walked back into the room and seen how much was done...guess there is a science method somewhere to teach him. LOL.

ndaisy
01-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Oh my I am so sorry for the larger print there.

Cheri