PDA

View Full Version : Hats.

Lisa R.
02-10-2010, 12:04 PM
My 12yo made District Band, which meant a weekend away from home for the two of us--she having intensive band rehearsals and me in the hotel room knitting away! :)

Here are the two hats I finished in a rare weekend of actually having knitting time. The second is the Sideways Grande Cloche (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sideways-grande-cloche) from Boutique Knits, knitted in the Cobblestone Heather colorway of KnitPicks Swish Bulky.

The first is a variation of the Watch Cap (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kwec-watchCap.html?noImages=0&r=1)from Lion Brand's website, knitted in 128 Cascade Chunky.

kmaclean
02-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Those are great! I especially like the second one ... I think yours turned out even better than the pattern photo!

Lisa R.
02-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Those are great! I especially like the second one ... I think yours turned out even better than the pattern photo!

Wow! Thanks!

kmaclean
02-10-2010, 12:55 PM
No Problem :)

I'm working on finishing my first real project, and am thinking of trying a hat next. I definitely like the fit you achieved with yours ... I may just have to check out this pattern!

Jan in CA
02-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Those are very nice!

margz3
02-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Great job! I really like the second one :thumbsup:

AngelaR
02-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Great, two kids just walked in while I was looking at those pictures and my project list grows again.

They turned out WOWZERS! I'm going to try the cloche in a very light grey for my son's fiancee. She's been patiently waiting for me to make her a cap.

Lisa R.
02-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Great, two kids just walked in while I was looking at those pictures and my project list grows again.

They turned out WOWZERS! I'm going to try the cloche in a very light grey for my son's fiancee. She's been patiently waiting for me to make her a cap.

Great! I'll bet she likes it.

BTW...AFTER I knitted it the first time, I looked on Ravelry to see about the little cable thing...and found that everyone said they should have gone down a needle size or two...:frog:

So, do check your gauge. It's an easy knit, and I loved the fabric on the needles I was using, so I just cast on fewer stitches the second time around.

Slim
02-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Very cute! I love the cloche.

WandaT
02-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Great job on both. I love how they came out!!