PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an old pattern from a kit - Help!

simbabee
03-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Looking for an old pattern from a kit dating from probably the late 70's, early 80's. If anyone has this or has a suggestion how to find it, it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked and looked and can't seem to find a copy - perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places?

The kit contained patterns for 3 sleeveless summer tops and yarn.

The yarn was Jessan Cotton Brilliant (who distributed this?)
The kit was No. 117

The sweater pattern I'm looking for had a low scooped neckline, was knitted in a checkerboard pattern with alternating squares of moss stitch and stocking stitch. it had an opening in the front, that was sort of closed with 3 buttons.

I would really love to knit this for my sister. For some reason I only have the picture from the front of the instructions and the pattern seems to have been lost in my many moves.

Mirl56
03-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Any way you can scan the picture and post it here? Even if we can't help you find that exact pattern, maybe we can find a close enough look-a-like.

cdwilkinson
07-22-2014, 10:58 PM
Looking for an old pattern from a kit dating from probably the late 70's, early 80's. If anyone has this or has a suggestion how to find it, it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked and looked and can't seem to find a copy - perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places?

The kit contained patterns for 3 sleeveless summer tops and yarn.

The yarn was Jessan Cotton Brilliant (who distributed this?)
The kit was No. 117

The sweater pattern I'm looking for had a low scooped neckline, was knitted in a checkerboard pattern with alternating squares of moss stitch and stocking stitch. it had an opening in the front, that was sort of closed with 3 buttons.

I would really love to knit this for my sister. For some reason I only have the picture from the front of the instructions and the pattern seems to have been lost in my many moves.
I have the pattern, do you still want it?
Cdwilkinson

XtopherCB
07-23-2014, 01:22 AM
just a quick correction, it's Tessan... the T is just stylized to be all swoopy, so a lot of people mistake it for a J... that might help in locating its manufacturer/distributor info. (also, ravelry has 3 kinds listed, but none are the 'brilliant' line, but it's still a place to check for info)

salmonmac
07-23-2014, 05:24 AM
Hi cdwilkinson and welcome to KH!
Thanks X for the clarification.
This thread started over 4 years ago so let's hope the original poster found the pattern.