PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 14" Aluminum Knitting Needles, size 5 or smaller

Keyes97
04-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi there. I'm looking for 14 inch aluminum knitting needles, size 5 or smaller. Before you ask, I'm not a knitter. I'm a librarian who uses these knitting needles to mend books. Really.

I can't afford to pay much for them, and I don't care if they're used. Because I'm in a public school in Illinois, I don't have much money left in my budget. But I do appreciate you looking at this thread, and please respond if you have any, or know where I could find some.

Thank you very much! Happy knitting!

cheley
04-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Hi there. I'm looking for 14 inch aluminum knitting needles, size 5 or smaller. Before you ask, I'm not a knitter. I'm a librarian who uses these knitting needles to mend books. Really.

I can't afford to pay much for them, and I don't care if they're used. Because I'm in a public school in Illinois, I don't have much money left in my budget. But I do appreciate you looking at this thread, and please respond if you have any, or know where I could find some.

Thank you very much! Happy knitting!I am sure I have some wood ones... or even plastic.. Do you need "sets"? Or just a few... How do you "mend" books? Send me your address if you are interested...

borealowl
04-18-2010, 03:44 PM
I suggest your nearest JoAnn Fabrics or Michael's craft store. Probably the most inexpensive ones you can find in a store. Both have weekly 40% off coupons and JoAnn's is having 30% off needles right now. Or check their website and use the coupon on there.

Keyes97
04-19-2010, 08:38 PM
I am sure I have some wood ones... or even plastic.. Do you need "sets"? Or just a few... How do you "mend" books? Send me your address if you are interested...

I'm not able to send private messages at this time, so I'll have to reply in this manner. Thanks for the offer Cheley, but I'm only looking for aluminum. The wood and plastic will not do for book mending.

Mending books is, simply, glueing (never taping! Tape is evil to books!) books back together after they have been ripped or worn. Many libraries no longer mend their books, but it is so much more economical to repair a large encyclopedia rather than purchase another one for over $100. Thanks again! :)

cheley
04-20-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm not able to send private messages at this time, so I'll have to reply in this manner. Thanks for the offer Cheley, but I'm only looking for aluminum. The wood and plastic will not do for book mending.

Mending books is, simply, glueing (never taping! Tape is evil to books!) books back together after they have been ripped or worn. Many libraries no longer mend their books, but it is so much more economical to repair a large encyclopedia rather than purchase another one for over $100. Thanks again! :) go to my "name" hit private message, then send...do you need sets or just one or three or five etc....cause I might have "odd" needles (without partners) laying around...I am sure other "viewers" on the forum might have some too:hug:

mylycanslove
10-18-2010, 01:32 AM
check walmart. they are very cheap there (like 3 bucks)

knitcindy
10-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Have you tried looking on Craigslist.com??? I've been able to purchase some needles on there!! Just put "knitting needles" in their search box and see what comes up for your local area!!!

Happy searchingi!
knitcindy

szahn27
10-20-2010, 11:39 AM
I can send you some. Need address.