PDA

View Full Version : GGH Soft Kid - Need yarn substitution advice

kby101
04-22-2010, 10:56 AM
I am looking to make the wrap with sleeves in the rebecca online #12, but the yarn is VERY expensive...I am normally not cheap, but in these times, a less expensive option would be great.

Anyone have any ideas????:knitting:

Jan in CA
04-22-2010, 12:46 PM
I've found a link, but for future reference it helps if we can see a link for the pattern when asking questions. ;)

For helpers here's a link-
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/17-wrap-with-sleeves

GGH Kid is a worsted weight mostly mohair yarn that's fuzzy. Be aware that mohair gives you that fuzzy, soft, fluffy look and using another yarn it may look different. If you don't mind a little different look you could use almost any yarn that gives you about 18 sts over 4 inches on the gauge.

kby101
04-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Thank you for the advice:happydance:

katiekateQNS
06-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Thank you for the advice:happydance:

FYI, I was googling to find out the same thing and came upon your thread. I just found a specific yarn that looks like it might work. On the knitpicks site, they have a worsted weight alpaca nylon blend that looks like it might give the same effect. The name of the yarn is Reverie.

GrumpyGramma
06-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the link, Jan. I think that it would even make up nicely in a soft acrylic yarn which might be handy if you want something you can machine wash and dry in the dryer and soft acrylics get fuzzy fast if you like the fuzzy look. It looks like a fun knit.