PDA

View Full Version : Circular Needles

RoseFairy
04-30-2010, 02:02 AM
What would you recommend? I have some cheap ones that I always have problems with the yarn sticking so I'm thinking of getting some better ones.

ArtLady1981
04-30-2010, 03:23 AM
If the budget allows, purchase the set of Addi Clicks.

If not, purchase the set of KnitPicks OPTIONS.
All 3 KP's are great: nickel plated, harmony wood or the new acrylics.

lissaplus2
04-30-2010, 03:29 AM
If the budget allows, purchase the set of Addi Clicks.

If not, purchase the set of KnitPicks OPTIONS.

Agreed. And if budget further allows....get both. I have both and use both. You will get them eventually anyway. LOL

Jan in CA
04-30-2010, 11:49 AM
I have Knitpicks Options and love them! :inlove:

gothika
04-30-2010, 12:19 PM
:inlove: I have the Kp option kit, and Im totally in love with! They are just perfect, no bad commentaries to my part.

suzeeq
04-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Where is the yarn sticking - at the join or on the needles? If you have wood needles that may cause the sts to stick to it. The brand of needle doesn't have much to do with it in this instance; I use metal Boye (not Boyd) and Bates needles and don't have a problem with the yarn sticking at the join or on the needles.

RoseFairy
04-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Where is the yarn sticking - at the join or on the needles? If you have wood needles that may cause the sts to stick to it. The brand of needle doesn't have much to do with it in this instance; I use metal Boye (not Boyd) and Bates needles and don't have a problem with the yarn sticking at the join or on the needles.

It's some random circulars with a crappy plastic cord, so it sticks to the cord. I yanked the needle out of the cord on accident recently because the knitting was stuck on the cord part.

suzeeq
04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
That could be the Boye bamboo needles, they have a thick tubing instead of a thin cord. Try one with the thinner cord, that should prevent it, and you don't have to spend a lot of money on them.

AngelaR
05-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Next Sunday is Mother's Day and I am soooo hoping for a set of KP Options!

also, RoseFairy's avatar picture looks exactly like one of my hybrid roses in my front yard, a Joseph's Coat of Colors. A very beautiful rose, but extremely hard to grow.

N0obKnitter
05-03-2010, 10:40 AM
I recently got KP Options and they're awesome. No cord twisting, join is smooth, nice slick needles. No problems at all.

JLonier
05-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Holy cow addi's are expensive. Glad I discovered the knitpicks first. I have options and harmony and love them both. I also own Denise and Hiya Hiya and use my KP's almost exclusively. I use my Denise when I want to knit something really small in the round or when I've got something very, very large. I wish KP would figure out a way to join cables together the way the Denise needles do and make some smaller cords. They Hiya Hiya's have really, really short needles which I found awkward and I had issues with them coming apart no matter how I tightened them. Just my experience I know people that have never had it happen and I've had it happen with just about every set of circs at one time or another.

ArtLady1981
05-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Holy cow addi's are expensive....

Yes they are expensive, and sadly, they're not perfect for every project either. I actually haven't found a brand that covers all bases.

I am working on the Allegra Jacket now, and using Fleece Artist Woolie Silk 3-ply...and started out using the Addi Clicks. Had to discontinue using them cuz the Woolie Silk hung up or snagged going over the join. D***.

Believe it or not, I switched to a vintage pair of silvery green Susan Bates circs. It is (30") US6 and is my fav of favs! Just the right tip, and the cord is very compliant! Oy vey!

suzeeq
05-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I wish KP would figure out a way to ..... make some smaller cords. They Hiya Hiya's have really, really short needles which I found awkwardThat's the problem you're going to find with any interchangeables in shorter lengths; the needles have got to be really short in order to have enough cord that will curve around and still not be too long an overal length.

Lovebug
05-06-2010, 02:17 AM
I mostly use circular knitting needles when I knit. I find them easier to use. I prefer the bamboo ones, in my opinion they're great. The brand I use is Clover.

RuthieinMaryland
05-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi! Here's where I give my usual rave about KP's nickel plated Options! They are AWESOME!!! For some weird reason or other I picked up another pair of needles I have here and it was like stepping into an alternate reality or something! Believe it, I scurried right back to the Options and breathed a big sight of relief.

Between the quality of the Options set and the amazing Knit Picks customer service you can't go wrong!

Good luck,

Ruthie