PDA

View Full Version : Should I get Zephyrs?

N0obKnitter
05-03-2010, 01:31 PM
I got the Options recently...they're great / I like them but I find with the wool yarn I'm currently knitting with they're almost...too slick or something. I have knitted on acrylics before, and like them too. Should I buy the KP Zephyrs, ie: are some yarns better on acrylics than metal?

Jan in CA
05-03-2010, 02:52 PM
It took me a little time to get used to them being so slick, but it doesn't bother me now. I'd probably go with wood over acrylic myself, but I haven't used the one set of acrylics I bought to try. If you really think you need more why don't you buy one of each (harmony and acrylic) and see if it's something you'd like before investing in a set.

margz3
05-03-2010, 04:04 PM
I have both - the zephyrs are fine with a good quality wool, but not so much with acrylic or coarse cotton.

AngelaR
05-03-2010, 08:22 PM
I know what you're talking about. The first time I used Quicksilvers I couldn't stand how loosey goosey they were, but now I'm very used to it.

JLonier
05-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I have options and bought the harmony set for when I don't want something so slick and because they're, well, just plain purty. :mrgreen: I also have a set of Denise needles (they were my first foray into interchangeable's) which is the only reason I haven't bought the zephyr's. I'd still like to get the zephyr's though because the cord on Denise needles is fairly thick and I've had issues with them coming apart.

So, it's really totally a matter of affording the expense of the needles if you ask me :P I'll buy the zephyr's myself someday even though I don't necessarily need them because the cords are the right thickness for me, I love the company that makes them, and I may have a needle addiction. :aww:

N0obKnitter
05-04-2010, 04:22 PM
thanks, guys....I've decided to hold off getting more needles for now, I would love the Harmonies too as they're beautiful but too expensive for me at this point in time.

Jannette
05-05-2010, 08:30 AM
I would definitely be the wrong person to ask! I am the one who already owns a set of Harmonies, a set of Addi's, and am covetously eyeing the new sets of Addi Lace needles.

WandaT
05-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Personally, I would choose the Harmonys over the Zephyrs. I have a couple of the tips and they are usually my last pick when using needles. I agree the Options can be pretty slippery for some yarns, which was my excuse to buy the beautiful Harmonys. :) I guess I just find plastic needles to "sticky" for me.

N0obKnitter
05-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I think eventually, I'll have the Harmonies and the Zephyrs...lol.