PDA

View Full Version : KP "Options" interchangeable needles...

N0obKnitter
05-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I :heart: them! They work awesome! :cheering: :woohoo: :inlove: :muah: thanks all for helping me pick interchangeable needles. :knitting:

Crycket
05-10-2010, 06:16 PM
I just bought a set of lightly used ones from a friend, and hands down it is the best I have seen!

The only thing that would make it perfect for me, is if they made a 16" cord

N0obKnitter
05-10-2010, 06:33 PM
I love how light the needles are and how the cable never, like ever twists up while I'm knitting. The joins are nice and so far, I have 0 problems!

eta: I bought a bunch more stuff from KP last night as I'm so overjoyed with their CS and products. :D

RuthieinMaryland
05-11-2010, 12:26 AM
Yeppers, KP is absolutely the best. I've got so many miles on my Options.....and hoping to have more!

Have fun with yours!

Ruthie :o)

Jannette
05-11-2010, 08:17 AM
I have the Harmonies and love them once I get them put together. I'm glad you are happy with yours.

Jan in CA
05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
:yay: Aren't they awesome!? Glad you are enjoying them!

The only thing that would make it perfect for me, is if they made a 16" cord

The length of the needles in the set wouldn't work with a 16" cable, BUT you can buy the 16" fixed circs! I have several in my most used sizes.
http://www.knitpicks.com/needles/Options_Nickel_Plated_Fixed_Circular_Knitting_Need les__DKPFixedCables.html

Crycket
05-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Why not? Is it just cause of the length of cord it would need vs the extra metal due to the connector?

I have my denise set that I can use for the 17" if I need...but it is a very used size around here...and really it isn't really necessary to buy them all in a 16" size. I do very much like my Options though...much preferable to anything else I have tried!

Jan in CA
05-11-2010, 06:15 PM
It's because of the length of the needle itself. They are too long to work well on a 16" cord. The needles on the 16" fixed circs are shorter.

I also have the Denise set and personally I found the 17" too long for some hats so I prefer the KP ones myself.

AngieLanigan
05-11-2010, 06:38 PM
I really really want some of these! Enjoy them!

Crycket
05-11-2010, 09:30 PM
It's because of the length of the needle itself. They are too long to work well on a 16" cord. The needles on the 16" fixed circs are shorter.

I also have the Denise set and personally I found the 17" too long for some hats so I prefer the KP ones myself.

*sigh*...the purpose of buying a set of interchangables is so you don't have to buy a whole other set of fixed....

Silly. Oh well...it is still the best set out there. I actually had someone tell me that they think the joins are better on these then on the Addi Clicks...

suzeeq
05-11-2010, 10:49 PM
But you don't need to get several in different lengths, just the few that you might need 16" needles for. They're pretty reasonable compared to others besides.

Crycket
05-11-2010, 11:06 PM
true enough...

Jan in CA
05-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Or you can do magic loop. ;) I don't mind buying extra needles of the ones I use most. I still get the benefit of interchangeables since I usually have more than one one..or five projects on the needles! :teehee: I actually have 2 sets of 4-9 US. ;)