PDA

View Full Version : I purled :P

N0obKnitter
06-15-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm attempting to knit arm warmers in the round and as such, have finally purled. :P You guys can quit nagging now. :hug:

lissaplus2
06-15-2010, 08:35 PM
:woohoo: YAY :yay:

I TOTALLY thought that was a bug on my screen!!!:roflhard:

suzeeq
06-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Yay for you!

Jan in CA
06-15-2010, 11:27 PM
:cheering::yay::woot::thumbsup:

RoseFairy
06-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Yay! Congrats! I had a related victory as well, I did the reverse purl wrap for ribbing, it really does tighten up the loose ribbing I had.

hyperactive
06-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Any step in the road is a good one. But this is abig step. You have thereby opend up endless possibilities and combinations.

Become comfortable with the purl and then pick your next target. But practice comes first!

AngelaR
06-16-2010, 08:28 AM
YAY! So how does it look? I wanna see!

N0obKnitter
06-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Looks like crap, I'm gonna frog it lol.

Jan in CA
06-16-2010, 11:54 AM
How far did you get on it? If you're ribbing it takes an inch or more to make it look good usually.

suzeeq
06-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Don't, just keep going. You'll get better as you go along.

kmaclean
06-16-2010, 04:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!! :woot:

I agree with Jan though ... I usually find that you have to get about an inch or so into your piece before you'll really start to see it take shape and look good. There are times when I'm just starting a project and I think I must have messed up the pattern horribly because it looks terrible but once I get that first inch or so done I can see that it is right after all and it starts to look good. Give it a chance to work itself out before frogging, you might be surprised!

N0obKnitter
06-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Frogged, now I'm attempting a crude sock a la Lissa :)

Jan in CA
06-17-2010, 12:13 AM
This is pretty much the best sock class ever. It has great photos and explanations.
http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Start.htm

Rosegirl147
06-17-2010, 01:29 AM
:woohoo: YAY :yay:

I TOTALLY thought that was a bug on my screen!!!:roflhard:

Me as well, I was one inch from smacking it!!! :teehee: I was like that too when I started to knitt. I was scared at doing my first purl, and I ended up doing it!!! Even little tiny steps can be actually huge ones in life.

OffJumpsJack
06-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Is just a knit made from the wrong side of the fabric.

I've tried knitting in front of a mirror, but the man in the mirror was left handed! :doh:

:think: Perhaps if I setup my camera on a tripod and knit in front of a mirror, then view the video reflected in a mirror?
;)

hyperactive
06-17-2010, 09:33 AM
you can't just look in the mirror to see that. NO NO.

OffJumpsJack
06-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Is just a knit made from the wrong side of the fabric.

I've tried knitting in front of a mirror, but the man in the mirror was left handed! :doh:

:think: Perhaps if I setup my camera on a tripod and knit in front of a mirror, then view the video reflected in a mirror?
;)

you can't just look in the mirror to see that. NO NO.

Danke shane. Yes, that was my point exactly. Though I guess I didn't express my idea clearly enough to evoke the schadenfreude I intended.

hyperactive
06-18-2010, 04:13 AM
Well, I think Schadenfreude was propperly evoked. I just needed to say NO NO because I didn't really take it serious but still wanted to say: if it were that simple... knitting would just happen infront, underneath and behind mirrors all the time.

Danke schön for the comment :D

My husband was very interested in the different was to do purls and asked if I would make a video to show my own way. I think, though, I have propperly explained, haven't I?

ArtLady1981
06-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Yay! Anyone who strays out of their comfort zone is TOPS in my book!

Now, that said...I really gotta try to knit a sock....

WandaT
06-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Yaaaah for you!! Purling really does get easier and more comfortable with practice. And I thought it was really a bug on my screen at first too! LOL

Dollyce ... you REALLY do need to try socks! As fast as you are, you'd have a pair completed in no time!

hyperactive
06-21-2010, 04:40 AM
socks are real fun. I made them for years in a lot of variations. They really are super easy, too. Once you get the hang of them. no knitting tricks used that one can not learn.

But I lately found this sock here that I really need to try: it is knit straigt "from side to side" from cuff to tip with short rows and then joined. I will just replace the cast on by a provisional cast on and knit away. Sounds fun to learn a new sock ;)

http://garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=119&d_id=33&lang=en