PDA

View Full Version : OT: Disgruntled Frog

Crycket
06-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Hello there!

I don't know why I feel the need to post this, but I am going to anyway....

I knitted this guy (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Crycket/tree-frog) that was supposed to be thank you gift for someone who came out and helped us at Girl Guides, but he was just so delightfully pissed off looking that I kept him for myself!

Since, he has become a mascot at our Dungeons and Dragons games and is generally adored for his disgruntled manor.

I made him a Twitter site just for fun!
http://twitter.com/DisgruntledFrog

What I am going to need, is suggestions of things he can be disgruntled about. Things I can take pics of around the house. Mainly cause DH won't let me take pics of him in public til he has more than 20 followers on Twitter!

N0obKnitter
06-17-2010, 02:13 PM
omg I love it!

cindycactus
06-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Soooo Cute!!! I wanted the pattern but the site is no longer there. Bummer! Love him.

Crycket
06-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Soooo Cute!!! I wanted the pattern but the site is no longer there. Bummer! Love him.

I think you can still download it from ravelry....

MMario
06-17-2010, 03:50 PM
lack of water (sitting in tub, or sink?)

No flies. (sitting in front of a plate of scrumptious food)

Not being kermit - (staring at a picture of miss piggy)

bambi
06-17-2010, 04:20 PM
He sure is CUTE!

How about drizzling balsamic vinegar on beige shorts?

Crycket
06-17-2010, 04:42 PM
lack of water (sitting in tub, or sink?)

No flies. (sitting in front of a plate of scrumptious food)

Not being kermit - (staring at a picture of miss piggy)

Hee hee...not being Kermit...good one...

I was thinking I have find plastic flies...and have one taunt him...but the nice thing about disgruntled frog, is he can be disgruntled about everything...He may hate Mondays...but he doesn't like any day of the week...He may hate it raining out, but he does like the sun either...*smiles*

Keep em coming...

linknit41
06-17-2010, 07:18 PM
maybe something knitting related--running out of yarn late at night, breaking a needle/cord, losing place in a complicated pattern, knots in yarn, moths, gosh, there are lots of these!!! linknit41

Crycket
06-17-2010, 07:32 PM
maybe something knitting related--running out of yarn late at night, breaking a needle/cord, losing place in a complicated pattern, knots in yarn, moths, gosh, there are lots of these!!! linknit41

Hee hee...I likes!

margz3
06-18-2010, 10:43 AM
heh, heh..... he is pretty disgruntled looking - love him!

Mirl56
06-18-2010, 03:28 PM
:thumbsup: OMG, he sure is cute! Makes me want to join Twitter just to get his following up.

Woodi
06-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Very cute blog for the frog! and you did such a great job knitting him - he's adorable, even for a frog (which in my books just isnt' all that cuddly....)
Have much fun with him!

Crycket
06-18-2010, 04:13 PM
:thumbsup: OMG, he sure is cute! Makes me want to join Twitter just to get his following up.

I am pretty sure you can still look at it even if you aren't signed up? Can anyone else confirm that?

But I see you are already following...so I will just....go find more things for Disgruntled frog to get all disgruntled about!

hyperactive
06-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Disgruntled Frog Help...

well, he could stare at a "one sheet a day" calendar to express his mood for mondays.

He could stare out the window into the rain to show his mood about that.

A French Menue could seriously get him over the edge in his mood. Imagine what the serve...

He could look very disgruntled in no back-ground and be converted into pale black and white with some writing in plain font... what I am going at? Calvin Klein adds... The models look so sad / grumpy /lame on purpose all the time. He would be great at that.

I just LOVE the frog. Great Job! My husband likes it a lot, too. Give him a life and take him out...

I am not in Twitter and really don't want to join, but I would follow him! Friends of ours have a facebook account for their dog - and it is SO fun!

Crycket
06-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Try the link...see if it works...

I have already done Mondays and Rain...*smiles*...I have been posting a pic a day and am trying to have at least 2 or 3 in reserve.

Oh I would love to take him out...and he is fine for friends houses and stuff...but anywhere too public...and DH gets a bit embarrassed of me...LOL...

hyperactive
06-18-2010, 06:02 PM
the trick in public is to just pretend you are doing this for a profession / very seriously. People look at me strangely all the time when I take pics of odd things or details. I just give myself the aura of "I have stopped to care" and ignore. People get all shy to disturb then :D

just take him to a park, set him onto a side of a fountain and make him happy for just once!

now I saw the pics, didn't follow those links before...
cute idea and really entertaining for his followers!

Crycket
06-18-2010, 08:24 PM
the trick in public is to just pretend you are doing this for a profession / very seriously.

I would need a much nicer camera for that *winks*

WandaT
06-19-2010, 08:19 AM
LOL - he DOES look pissed!! too funny! one of my pet peeves is slow drivers in the left lane! :D

Crycket
06-19-2010, 09:52 AM
LOL - he DOES look pissed!! too funny! one of my pet peeves is slow drivers in the left lane! :D

Owww good one...car isn't public...I can do that one!

hyperactive
06-19-2010, 10:51 AM
I would need a much nicer camera for that *winks*

THAT is a point, I have a DSLR, that helps.

Crycket
06-19-2010, 11:15 AM
THAT is a point, I have a DSLR, that helps.

One day...I would love to get one of those! I do have a diploma in photography!

I have a little Canon (http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=19901)

Apparently it does a lot more than I thought it did!

N0obKnitter
06-19-2010, 03:12 PM
I have a Nikon D40 (they're discontinued now) and when I had a job, I splurged on a 50mm for it, dude said I wouldn't use my other lenses once I got it and for the most part, he was right!

OffJumpsJack
06-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Did you use this yet?

Stuck taking pictures... around the house. Mainly cause DH won't let me take pics of him in public til he has more than 20 followers on Twitter!

Not having yarn and needles in his size!

Not having opposable thumbs!

No female disgruntled frog!

Not able to chirp to attract mate!

Because Rodger Rabbit got the leggy dame!

He didn't get a part on the beer commercial!

He's tired of us mammals confusing him with a toad!

The invasive Asian Tiger mosquitoes bite back and taste bad to boot!

Because he looses his contacts every time he licks his eyes to re-wet them!

Because his friend Alex applied for and got the game show gig!

Cars don't stop for frogs!

Because he hasn't been able to sing a lick since he lost his top hat and cane! (old Looney Tunes cartoon).

Because Phil stole his lyrics, " I can't dance, I can't sing."

Crycket
06-20-2010, 10:39 AM
There are definitely some winners in there...

There are a few I can't figure out how to photograph....

I am totally in love with the beer commercial one!! That is brilliant!

hyperactive
06-21-2010, 04:35 AM
I have a Nikon D40 (they're discontinued now) and when I had a job, I splurged on a 50mm for it, dude said I wouldn't use my other lenses once I got it and for the most part, he was right!

I have a Canon 450D - that is not too different from your camera. And I own the 50mm 1.8f lense as well. My best bullet in the arsenal I would say. my wide angle is great, too. But the 50mm is just awesome!

I could immagine the frog to stare at the mirror and look all weird...

or you use photoshop and combine 2 pics: He (regular) sits infront of the mirror and stares into it. Back staring: he, but with a top hat and cane (or a bowtie or a crown or any other outfit).... just take both pics, layer them in PS and mask one original frog to show the other. That should be sooo cute!

Crycket
06-21-2010, 08:26 AM
I did just aquire Photoshop Elements 8, I could have some fun with it! Just have to get the hang of it first!

DF is up to 15 followers!!

hyperactive
06-21-2010, 08:49 AM
if you take 2 photos from identical position (tripod? Stand? Camera placed on something?) and email them to me / upload them here, I can have a try at them.
they should just be as identical as possible (light situation, frog placement etc. too.)
I would be glad to assisit your frog with finding a good occupation. Obsession with stuffed animals is fine with me. 34 or not... I think that gives me the option to be 3 years old or 4 any time I want to :D
:woot:

OffJumpsJack
06-21-2010, 11:04 AM
"... old is a fact of life, but growing up is optional."

I've heard it so many times from so many different people I don't know who originally said it.

(I just call it "Wisdom of the aged.")

Lisa R.
06-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Those are SO cute!! What a fun project (both Disgruntled himself and the Twitter thing). I'm not on Twitter or I would follow him....but I can confirm that you can see the pictures without being on. Very creative!

Crycket
06-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Excellent! I thought one might be able to. Hazzah!

It is almost time for me to restock pics. I think I am only one or two a head of myself right now...

jjlrdomom
06-30-2010, 03:28 PM
stick some yarn on his head and he can be disgruntled about having a bad hair day
take the yarn off and he can be disgruntled about not having hair so he can't have a bad hair day!
Amy :)

RuthieinMaryland
07-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Drape him in tangled yarn! That would disgruntle me!

R.

Crycket
07-01-2010, 08:05 PM
LOL...yeah...I was going to have him hanging out of my swift when I get around to winding some balls.

Tonight I am trying to think hard for todays Pic...as it is Canada Day...I was thinking he could be disgruntled at not being able to see Fireworks.

I need to come up with a few more...my stocks are running low!

OffJumpsJack
07-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Give him a beret and he can be disgruntled that Quebec didn't separate.

Picture him with a sign in French and he can be disgruntled about that.

(When playing 'both sides of a coin' you may want to have him face right for one opinion and then face left for the opposite.)

How about being disgruntled with the Loonie or the Twonie? How about the Euro or the US dollar? Especially if you can photo shop one currency to look smaller than another! That exchange rate is sure to make him disgruntled.

Crycket
07-03-2010, 10:20 AM
exchange rate is actually pretty good for us right now...

hyperactive
07-04-2010, 04:58 PM
I made my husband come up with ideas...

he can be disgruntled about the fact that....
...the coffee machine did not work (sitting infront of an empty pot)

... he can not play soccer in the world cup.

...the shoes don't fit.

My fresh ideas:...

... he can not travel (sitting ontop of your passport)

...a flower wilted infront of him.

Crycket
07-29-2010, 03:49 PM
http://yfrog.com/j94r9j

artistatlarge101
08-01-2010, 06:24 PM
He is so cute.......love him..:heart:

Crycket
08-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Disgruntled Frog is now on Facebook...even though he doesn't like it much....

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Disgruntled-Frog/143670155663597

Raven Fyre
09-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Sit Disgruntled Frog infront of an empty tims cup. (joke for all the canadians type people) disgruntled frog could be be disgruntled about the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Crycket
09-08-2010, 01:01 AM
LOL...I will just have to find some Tims drinkers...I can't have coffee (caffeine gives me migraines) and because I don't like doughnuts...I very infrequently go...but I will see what I can do about the Timmies! You are right...it is a treat for us Canucks!

I forgot about sports teams...that could work!

Breezed
11-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Thank you! I had a good laugh at his twitter page. Very creative disgruntledness.

Crycket
11-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Still struggling to keep up...but there is always stuff that makes one *grunt*

melmac51
11-27-2010, 02:36 PM
I love seeing Disgruntled Frog on FB. Sometimes, I actually feel like I AM DF. LOL Keep 'em coming!
:cheering:

Crycket
11-28-2010, 01:58 AM
That is what I was thinking. Everyone has a DF day every now and again. I figured...at least...people may have a smile, a) because he is cute, but b) because is constantly disgruntled! And hopefully nobody is THAT disgruntled irl!

*smiles*

Perhaps when I get around to it, I will run contest or two...

Crycket
12-13-2010, 01:33 AM
Just an FYI to all who have been putting up with my silly frog nonsense...

I think I was out of my mind the other day when I posted it, but DF now has his own little line of merch...

http://www.cafepress.com/Disgruntled_Frog

I really just set it up because it amuses me...but do stop in...cause yes...there really is a DF thong!

OffJumpsJack
12-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Just an FYI to all who have been putting up with my silly frog nonsense...

I think I was out of my mind the other day when I posted it, but DF now has his own little line of merch...

http://www.cafepress.com/Disgruntled_Frog

I really just set it up because it amuses me...but do stop in...cause yes...there really is a DF thong!

I have a co-work who would be the perfect "poster-child" for DF! LOL

Crycket
12-14-2010, 03:23 PM
I think there is a little DF in all of us!