PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Blues

Gspice
06-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Ever have those days, weeks, or months. When no matter what your knitting it just isn't panning out how you want it. I swear I'm having one of those weeks. :wall:

mathwizard
06-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Yep, been there and done that. I usually go away to something else and come back later to the problem. I usually crochet or some other craft as I do a lot and sometimes the light comes on and back I go. Good Luck!

bambi
06-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Me2!

I just had to rip out a whole section of lace and while I was ravelling, I got a huge knot that I could not get out so I had to CUT it out and the yarn fell into about three long sections that I had to Russian join back together to go on.:!!!:

Feel like frogging but I have too much time invested now to do that. Hope I don't hit more snags like that!Crossed Fingers

Mama never told me there would be days like this: Mama didn't knit!

snelly
06-29-2010, 07:17 PM
I have been knitting for about a year and there have been plenty of projects that have not worked out and ones that I had to set down and go back to latter. If knitting is getting too frustrating I figure that I will stop for a while, because I knit to relax. :) I hope that your next week will be better for you.

jpenguin
06-29-2010, 10:22 PM
I usually don't have those days but right now I seem to be having that along with the dreaded 2nd sock syndrome I have heard a lot of people get.:nails: Well, never say never I tell my kids & I should have known better then to say I would never get that syndrome. :blush:

I know why I have it this time cause it isn't a yarn color that I would have chosen to work with much less the pattern that was picked for the varigated yarn but it is what my mother wants & by darn it is what she will get. Normally I can finish a pair of socks in about 4-5 days during my summer break but I have been working on this first sock for 2 weeks now. Guess I had better get over it & get to working those needles.:knitting:

Gspice
06-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Well the blues seem to have ended. I finished the fingerless glove, but I don't like the color of the yarn. I thought it would look neat but ugh. Now I'm working on some red fingerless ones for me.

I need to pull out my other crafts and sort them and figure out where they will since we moved everything just seems jumbled.

Crycket
06-30-2010, 12:46 PM
a slightly different variation on this would be my recent slipper disappointment. I have a really cute fibertrends pattern for a ballet type felted slipper.

It is by far my favorite pattern. I decided to give Red Heart Bamboo wool a try as it had said it was "great for felting". And Bamboo is supposed to be antibacterial. I thought, perhaps even a bit stronger...give it a shot!

Yeah...it felted fine, but the slippers are considerably looser than I am used to. I should have seen it coming...bamboo doesn't like to hold its shape very well...and being 55% bamboo...it is holding up about 45% as well as I would like...

I am going to have to knit these all over again...*sigh*