KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charity Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2nd Oddball Orphan Blanket - "Fiesta"! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100537)

Shandeh 08-31-2010 08:50 AM

2nd Oddball Orphan Blanket - "Fiesta"!

Hello amazing charity knitters!

Believe it or not, we are starting up another large Oddball Blanket. This morning, I finished up a blanket we worked on over the past few years, and it's on the way to an orphanage in Mexico. (Josiah and Bethany Children's Home)

Now, we are starting up our second blanket for the orphanage.
I finished the first section last night, and it's FULL of color!

We have 12 knitters. Each knitter will knit for about 5 inches. (Keep in mind that every row has 200 stitches.)

If you would like to join in on knitting some sections of our blanket, just reply here. :hug:

I will need the following information from knitters:
Name, mailing address, pets? smoker?, allergic to pets?, allergic to tobacco?

I arrange knitters so that all allergic knitters are first in line, then we finish up with pet owners and smokers. When the blanket is complete, I will finish it up, give it a good wash, and mail it to the orphanage.

Here are our instructions for working on the blanket:
http://oddballknitters.blogspot.com/...-lapghans.html

HollyP 08-31-2010 10:54 AM

You know I am in!

mspwrz 08-31-2010 04:30 PM

Are the large blankets worsted weight acrylic? I would like to participate if possible. I think it would be fun to do this!

Shandeh 08-31-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mspwrz (Post 1298953)
Are the large blankets worsted weight acrylic? I would like to participate if possible. I think it would be fun to do this!

Yes ma'am! We actually use any washable worsted weight yarn. Acrylic or blends. I would love to have you participate in our blanket, my friend! Just send me a private message with your name and mailing address, and I'll add you to the list.

I also need to know if you are allergic to pets, and if you are a smoker, or are allergic to tobacco. I like to arrange our knitters so that all allergic knitters are first in line. Smokers and pet owners are last. When our blanket is complete, I finish it up, give it a good wash, and mail it to the orphanage.

Shandeh 08-31-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyP (Post 1298913)
You know I am in!

Yay! Thanks Holly! :cheering:

I know your mailing address. Now, remind me if you are a pet owner, smoker, or have any allergies. Just send me a private message. :hug:

mspwrz 08-31-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shandeh (Post 1298961)
I also need to know if you are allergic to pets, and if you are a smoker, or are allergic to tobacco. I like to arrange our knitters so that all allergic knitters are first in line. Smokers and pet owners are last. When our blanket is complete, I finish it up, give it a good wash, and mail it to the orphanage.

I am a non-smoker. I am NOT Allergic to pets but have a dog, so you can put me further down the list of knitters if you need to. I have pleanty of acrylics and blends in my stash as well. Thanks for including me!

Shandeh 09-01-2010 02:51 AM

Thanks Rhonda!
I just got your private message, and sent another message asking for the info you just provided. So, just ignore that message.
:hug:

yarncharmer 09-01-2010 09:17 AM

Shandeh,
The first blanket you all did is beautiful :) I may be able to help with the new blanket but will let you know for sure in a couple of days. I just wanted to point out that your link with the directions say to knit for 3 inches but your post says 4 inches...

Happy Knitting!

msbookie 09-01-2010 10:58 AM

Count me in too! We're a non-smoking house but we do have pets. I'll send you a PM with all my other details.

Beth

msbookie 09-01-2010 11:11 AM

I'd like to be a part of this one also!