KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: Dog Sweaters (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101459)

Mike 11-08-2010 04:38 PM

FO: Dog Sweaters

3 Attachment(s)
She outgrows them as fast as I can knit them.

kmaclean 11-08-2010 05:16 PM

Those are adorable! You did a fabulous job on them (I especially love the fair isle one!) and it looks like she loves having a sweater to keep her warm outside :yay:

Jan in CA 11-08-2010 07:32 PM

Those are beautiful as is the pupcakes! :inlove:

ArtLady1981 11-08-2010 09:31 PM

Well now if those aren't the darndest cutest little things! The dog and the sweaters!

So very nice, all of it! She's a very VOGUE doggy!

Mike 11-08-2010 10:04 PM

Thanks. All it took was setting her out one morning below 40 and then putting her back out with one on, after that she stopped fighting having them put on.

yarnrainbow 11-08-2010 10:10 PM

Those are sooooo cute! And incredibly well-made. Love the fair isle and the red one really complements the color of her fur. What a little doggy fashionista. You're a good doggy daddy!

margz3 11-09-2010 10:13 AM

The sweaters and pup are both adorable! Glad to hear she's not fighting you over wearing them anymore :wink:

Debkcs 11-10-2010 05:24 PM

Mike, how many pups have loving people whoo knit fair isle sweaters for them? Maybe one? It's so cute!

We lost one dog last week, and our other one, who is 16 is following closely. We've been thinking about getting a Boston, my husband because he was raised with them, and thinks they're cute, me because I can knit for it. I'm thinking a red vest. Or a smoking jacket type with a really fuzzy collar.

You just keep knitting for your dog,and I'll watch what you do.

Mike 11-11-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debkcs (Post 1305132)
Mike, how many pups have loving people whoo knit fair isle sweaters for them? Maybe one? It's so cute!

We lost one dog last week, and our other one, who is 16 is following closely. We've been thinking about getting a Boston, my husband because he was raised with them, and thinks they're cute, me because I can knit for it. I'm thinking a red vest. Or a smoking jacket type with a really fuzzy collar.

You just keep knitting for your dog,and I'll watch what you do.

I wouldn't have done Fair Isle yet except I thought it would last the winter before she out grows it. Now after getting an assortment of adult Dachshund measurements from Ravalry I'm not so sure.

Small dogs are fun to knit for. Her first one was done in a day. The last one didn't take a full week.

Sorry about your dog. I think my old one is heading in that direction.

Debkcs 11-11-2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Sorry about your dog. I think my old one is heading in that direction.
Thank you, it was unexpected and broke our hearts; we thought we'd have her for awhile after the other one.