KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: Hallett's Ledge Cardigan (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101463)

ArtLady1981 11-08-2010 09:40 PM

FO: Hallett's Ledge Cardigan

Pattern: Hallett's Ledge (available through Twist Collective: Fall 2010 Collection)
Yarn: Blackwater Abbey (100% Irish Wool)

Love my buttons!

My Ravelry Notes, if you have the stamina & the time to read them! :teehee:

There is also a (Ravelry) Hallett's Ledge KAL (not started by me)

Jan in CA 11-08-2010 10:00 PM

Beautiful! You must make 10 sweaters for every one I knit. :roflhard:

yarnrainbow 11-08-2010 10:03 PM

So lovely! Your FOs always look so professionally finished. Where in the world did you find buttons that so perfectly match the yarn color?

ArtLady1981 11-08-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarnrainbow (Post 1304960)
So lovely! Your FOs always look so professionally finished. Where in the world did you find buttons that so perfectly match the yarn color?

You're not gonna believe this...back in May...on the LYS YARN CRAWL...I visited Churchmouse Yarn and Teas. Besides having spectacular yarns (as many LYS's do)...Churchmouse had fantastic buttons.

Being the button-hound that I am...I bought these up. I use this shade of brown a lot...or at least...I'm attracted to it, and end up with it! Bought several button collections actually! About 8 of each.

How thrilled I was to rummage my 'brown buttons' bag and spot these gems! Yay! I swear, I didn't buy the yarn for the buttons! I bought the yarn in February at the Pacific Northwest version of Stitches, Madrona Winter Retreat and Yarn Market!

aprilbetty 11-09-2010 06:36 AM

Beautiful! Such exquisite knitting -- as all of your sweaters are!

JudyD 11-09-2010 07:12 AM

I can't get over how little time it took for you to turn out this masterpiece! I read all of your Ravelry notes and especially liked the part that said this would be one of your favorites because that is exactly what I thought when I first saw the sweater...that it would be one of my favorites.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Judy

margz3 11-09-2010 10:11 AM

Awesome! I love the longer ribbing on the bottom and the sleeves! I am amazed that you did not buy those buttons with the yarn!! It's a great color :)

kmaclean 11-09-2010 10:30 AM

Absolutely beautiful! Your sweaters (and everything else you make :teehee: ) always turn out fantastic ... I love it!

Debkcs 11-09-2010 02:56 PM

I think this is my favorite of what you've knitted! It's beautiful . . . and is going on my list. Of course it will take me months longer, because I'm a foot taller than you and knit more slowly, but I'll get there!

You do such great work, wish I was as good, but in the mean time, will just sit back and enjoy what you knit from afar.

Lighting57 11-10-2010 11:33 PM

Beautiful sweater and work as always!

DO you BO the buttonband edge in pattern?

Could you explain how you make your buttonholes?

I have been trying different ones and haven't come across one I'd use yet in a sweater. All of the ones I've practiced look great at the beginning. It's the top of the hole that looks bad no matter how I finish it off.

Thanks for posting the pictures.