KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Someone asked me to model this! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101484)

ArtLady1981 11-10-2010 02:06 AM

Someone asked me to model this!

A KH knitting buddy asked me to try and model my sweaters sometime, rather than just showing them on the floor, laid out flat.

Well, you know...I hate my photos...but tonight I tried to get a few decent shots...
and here are a couple photos, modeling my latest FO, the Hallett's Ledge Cardigan.

I don't look too bad for a plump ole gal, do I? Anyway, should have taken these photos in daylight...the sweater details would have been better...but hey...tonight was the night. My hair was done. My makeup was on. The sweater was on. Things were about as good as they were gonna get. Tomorrow I'll be a wreck again. :wink:

yarnrainbow 11-10-2010 02:35 AM

Looks great...you and the sweater! :cheering: And just love that long ribbing on the sweater. I swear I'm gonna try making an adult sweater for myself someday...someday soon! Crossed Fingers

GrandmaLori 11-10-2010 02:49 AM

You look great! I love the fit from the back. It's very flattering.

JudyD 11-10-2010 08:23 AM

WOW! There's nothing wrong with those photos. The sweater looks fabulous on you!!!

I hope you will model more of your creations.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Judy

kmaclean 11-10-2010 10:06 AM

Very nice! I agree ... it's a very flattering fit! :cheering:

Jan in CA 11-10-2010 01:51 PM

It looks great on you! :thumbsup:

ArtLady1981 11-10-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1305118)
It looks great on you! :thumbsup:

Thanks Jan! The nicest part was this: although it is Blackwater Abbey Irish Wool...it didn't feel itchy next to my skin AT ALL.

Of course, I use the most extreme method of blocking for all Irish Wool: full immersion and soak in Unicorn Fiber Wash, followed by a full immersion rinse and soak in Unicorn Fiber Rinse...squeeze excess water out...roll in thirsty terry towels...and block out to shape...leave til bone dry.

This method of blocking will TAME any yarn! But totally necessary for Blackwater Abbey. And it submits to blocking so nicely, and looks more beautiful when dry! I can hardly believe its transformation.

BWA is particularly nice for cabled designs, and designs with a lot of intricate pattern stitching. It really pops those details!

It creates a very crisp cardigan. It doesn't pill, EVER.

Slim 11-11-2010 07:46 PM

You look awesome and the sweater is a perfect fit!

MGM 11-11-2010 09:44 PM

Wow! That sweater is gorgeous and all those cables are amazing! I especially love that you modeled it yourself and took your own pictures. You look fabulous in it. I truly despise seeing a pattern for a bigger-than-size-10(or 12, 16, 20 or 24!) article of clothing being modeled by someone who is obviously a size 2. I think it's false advertising and should be outlawed!

Nice job!

MGM

MoniDew 11-12-2010 11:20 AM

absolutely gorgeous!!!