Forum Forum (
-   General Knitting (
-   -   Can anyone help me figure out what type of stitch/pattern this is? (

alwysknitting 11-14-2010 04:26 PM

Can anyone help me figure out what type of stitch/pattern this is?
One of my friends has been knitting a scarf. When you look at it, it looks like a 1x1 rib but it's not that simple, I looked at it some more and it's different. The pattern is a repetition of two rows, one row where it is all knitted and another where the pattern is (not sure about this trying to remember from memory) bring the yarn to the front, slip one stitch, then either knit two together, or knit the next to separately. Basically all I know about the pattern is that it is done in a set of threes, it and it is somewhat like what I described. Does anyone know a pattern that might be like this or is similar? I've tried searching but since I don't know much about the pattern besides the fact that it's a rib it's kind of hard. Thank You

suzeeq 11-14-2010 05:06 PM

Sounds like a Brioche stitch, or Fisherman's rib. They're pretty much the same, just done differently and make a rib that's thick and cushy.

Lighting57 11-14-2010 05:35 PM

Will she not tell you how the stitch is made?

hyperactive 11-15-2010 06:06 AM

sounds like "Fishermen's stitch" or "fishermen's rib" to me - there are several versions of this stitch, so look around some (the names are differnet, but there is half-fishermen's and such)

Pics? Here is a quick search of different pics:

And here are some explanations (text):

lana grossa ( a yarn company)

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 PM.