Forum Forum (
-   How-to Questions (
-   -   What type of stitch is this? (

kitknit 12-04-2010 12:42 PM

What type of stitch is this?
1 Attachment(s)

I found this cool hat at the store and now I want to try knitting one for my husband. I think it's some kind of rib stitch, but I can't quite figure it out.

I've tried K1 P2, but that's not right. I'm wondering if the pattern has to do with the manufacturer using different sized needles for each rib (small for the knit and large for the purl).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

suzeeq 12-04-2010 12:50 PM

It's a brioche st or Fisherman's rib. You get the effect by knitting 1 in the stitch below, or doing a slip/yo and knitting those together on the next row. Same thing, just done differently.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 AM.