How to 1. bind-off, 2. 2. sew up 3. weave on flat knitted hat. 4. How to sew on "knitted by" patch?
I apologize if these have been asked already, I am in a crunch for time and am still looking for the answers while posting this.
I knitted a hat flat: http://stephanieknits.blogspot.com/2...ince-2006.html
and now need to bind off and finish up.
1. How should I bind off? It says to bind off in knit or purl but I can't tell what it is. Front one side it looks like purl from the other knit, and no I can't tell what side it is. :/
2. I use the tail to sew up the seams and put the 2 sides of the hat together correct?
3. How should I weave in the tail? Should I just go around the top of the hat or something.
4. Lastly I have one of those "knitted by" patches I want to put on the inside of the hat. Any special technique for putting it on?
1. Bind off normally in knit. It's easiest and it's probably not going to show at all.
2. If the tail is long enough that's fine (but don't pull too tightly), if not then get a new piece of yarn.
3. There are many ways to do this. Some people weave it under the purls, some weave it in like you were doing duplicate stitch. I usually do the latter.
4. I'd just use needle and thread. Make it secure, but don't pull too tightly.
Jan to the rescue again! Thanks so much!! Now I can get my hat out to the boyfriend in time for Christmas! :)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 AM.|