KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Help With Caption for Blog (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102167)

HillbillyKnits 12-25-2010 02:42 AM

Help With Caption for Blog

Okay, as you all can see, Granny Clampett is my avatar.

She is also (as stated on my blog) the "HillbillyKnits Guardian".

I need some help coming up with an original caption that involves Granny and knitting and with humor.

Does anyone want to help me out?

I promise I will give the credit to whomever comes up with the one that I choose to use.

Daylilydayzed 12-27-2010 11:50 PM

I will try. "If you think you can take my knitting way from me, you better be prepared to take Jethro with you. He loves his hand knitted Long johns."

HollyP 12-29-2010 12:09 AM

Who tracked Texas Tea all over my newly knit absorba bathmat?

If ya ask me to knit one more thang with that awful scratchy yarn I will let ya have it!

Ya know I didn't get enough knittin' time this week. I'm bound to be a little ornery.

Woodi 12-29-2010 06:55 AM

"I don't really need this gun, it's just for show....cuz I got knitting needles, and I know how to use 'em!"

Great avatar pic, btw. LOL

HillbillyKnits 12-29-2010 11:38 AM

Awesome! Those are great! I got good laughs out of each one!

I do have two choices that are my favorites.

If there are any more between now and the time I decide to choose (which will probably be on New Year's Eve, since I plan on making my first post that night at New Year's Day) then I will go through them.

But keep them coming they are WAY funny!

HillbillyKnits 12-29-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodi (Post 1309135)
"I don't really need this gun, it's just for show....cuz I got knitting needles, and I know how to use 'em!"

Great avatar pic, btw. LOL

Thanks! My wife is like, "Brian, you're crazy!" :woot:

Lighting57 12-30-2010 11:27 AM

:tap: "It took me a long time to knit that too-too. Now you put it on young man before I'm forced to make you! I want to see if it fits.":fingerwag:

Granny is cool. I loved watching that show growing up.

Woodi 12-30-2010 03:24 PM

"I ain't in a good mood, cuz I just sat on my favorite knittin' needles and I think they're still up my butt - so I hope you ain't here askin' for nothin!...on the other hand, go ahead, make my day! "

or some variation of this....

HillbillyKnits 12-31-2010 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodi (Post 1309358)
"I ain't in a good mood, cuz I just sat on my favorite knittin' needles and I think they're still up my butt - so I hope you ain't here askin' for nothin!...on the other hand, go ahead, make my day! "

That's hilarious. Maybe a little too graphic for a G-rated blog though. :teehee:

HillbillyKnits 01-01-2011 09:32 AM

Winner is : HollyP!

The caption is : "If ya ask me to knit one more thang with that awful scratchy yarn I will let ya have it!"

Thanks again everyone!