KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   2011 Knitting Resolutions - Follow Through! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102314)

Shandeh 01-02-2011 06:59 PM

2011 Knitting Resolutions - Follow Through!

It's that time of year again! Time to make promises that you can actually keep.

Tell us your knitting resolutions for this year! :)

Maybe you want to learn a new stitch...
Or try a new pattern...
...use a different yarn.
...organize your stash of yarn.
...set up a craft room in your house.
...subscribe to a knitting magazine.
...buy a whole new set of knitting needles and supplies

As for me, I resolve to finish up all the projects I've still got on the needles. (A HUGE task!) :shock:

I might have to hire some pinch knitters. :teehee:
:X: :guyknitting: :knitting:

Breezed 01-02-2011 07:05 PM

My plans are
1. cable sampler scarf
2. lace sampler scarf/stole
3. master socks (failed first attempt and haven't tried again)
There is more I wanted to list but I can't recall right now.

appercat 01-02-2011 07:44 PM

Major ones?

To finish the 2 afgahns/blankets I have on needles...
To knit an ovarian cancer survivor a scarf in the teal....

Minor ones? Hopefully to do a few christmas gifts earlier for next (this) year.

Jan in CA 01-02-2011 08:36 PM

Wait..that's what resolutions are? I thought they were things we promise, but have no intention of keeping even though we can. :lol::lol::lol:

I suppose I should finish up my projects on the needles, but.... I really, really want to start something new!!

hookedonknitting 01-02-2011 11:55 PM

I want to finish this dang shawl and start something I haven't tried before. I really want to make some toy for my kids but I have also been thinking of socks lately...so who knows a sock monkey maybe? :)

RuthieinMaryland 01-03-2011 12:02 AM

New Knitting Year's resolutions...

Hi! :waving:

So many things I knit tend to just roll out the door as soon as they're finished, blocked and wrapped. (Sometimes I don't even get to wash them first, the recipient just clutches them and refuses to let go!):)

As a result, I haven't been taking photos or even making a list of the things I finish off. It would be nice, I think, to have that on hand so I can look back over the year and see my progress. And also it'd be nice to be able to share the pictures with other knitters!

So, for the new year, I'm doing a log of my finished projects and taking photos of all my finished work.

Also, I will FINALLY finish the book I've been working on forever involving how to design your own kitchen cotton knits! :clink: I just started one of the final projects for it tonight, so I'm on my way! :woohoo:

Hope all here have a wonderful new knitting year!

Ruthie :hug:

CoolWool 01-03-2011 12:16 AM

1. Finish that dang sweater vest.
2. Join a knitting group.
3. Learn how to cable.
4. Learn how to use two circular needles. (!??)
5. Start an after-school knitting club in the fall, which of course will be called "COOL WOOL SCHOOL." heh

:thud:

Smee 01-03-2011 01:25 PM

1. Finish the few projects I have on my needles (OU hat, hat/glove/scarf set, my girl's UT hat)

2. Of course to accomplish all that I have to learn to knit finger-gloves.

3. I want to knit something for myself that is NOT a simple neck gaiter. I want to knit a sweater. Just for me. In colours I like and a style I like that is not just off the rack that everyone has.

4. Knit a pair of socks for the hubster. He wants some good socks that don't make his feet sweat but are super comfy. He's found some he's going to try through Under Armor, but if I can make some similar, I'd rather do that for him.

TEMA 01-03-2011 03:16 PM

New Year's Resolutions

To explore new possibilities for patchwork knitting and applique as regards to knitting art... whether it be for the wall or for the sweater.
To not listen to that not so quiet voice that tells me I can't possibly do it when, in the end, I can.
TEMA

Daylilydayzed 01-03-2011 07:06 PM

My New Year Resolutions are these
1. Learn to knit socks
2. Knit my D-I-L her shawl I promised for Christmas
3. Knit something for me out of my ball of yarn called Daylily