KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Is There a Video For This??? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104077)

knitcindy 04-11-2011 10:48 AM

Is There a Video For This???

I'd like to see a video here of Picking Up & Knitting stitches that includes knitting the first row of stitches. Whenever I do this, I almost always end up getting my first stitches twisted.

Does anyone know if there's a video on this site that shows knitting the first row of stitches AFTER picking them up from an edge???

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
knitcindy

Jan in CA 04-11-2011 12:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't know of any video, but all you have to do is look at your stitches after picking them up. It's not uncommon after picking them up for them to be twisted.

You can see by looking at them that there is a leg in front of the needle and a leg in back. The front leg should be further right than the back leg. To correct it you knit into the back of the stitch.

knitcindy 04-14-2011 02:18 PM

Sooooo, I'm not doing anything wrong? It could be "normal" to pick up stitches and then have to twist them after I turn the needle around??

Thanks Jan!!!!!!!
knitcindy
(who's normal-er than she thought she was!!!!!):woohoo:

Jan in CA 04-14-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knitcindy (Post 1320593)
Sooooo, I'm not doing anything wrong? It could be "normal" to pick up stitches and then have to twist them after I turn the needle around??

Thanks Jan!!!!!!!
knitcindy
(who's normal-er than she thought she was!!!!!)
:woohoo:

Yes, that's normal. Wow...I've never had anyone say they didn't think I was normal..I'm usually considered closer to boring. :lol:

RoseFairy 04-14-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1320595)
Yes, that's normal. Wow...I've never had anyone say they didn't think I was normal..I'm usually considered closer to boring. :lol:

I think knitcindy meant that she, herself, is normal-er then she thought she was. Since she put the comment after her name.

fatoldladyinpjs 04-14-2011 08:49 PM

Stitches on the needle are like upside down horseshoes. In English and Continental knitting, the open face of these horseshoes will slant to the left. After you've picked up stitches, pay attention to which way the stitches face. If one or more of them face to the right, it's the wrong direction. Either turn the stitches around so they face left, or simply knit into the back of them. The stitches you knit into the back of will then face to the left where they're supposed to be.
Quote:

Mae West: When I'm good, I'm very good. When I'm bad, I'm even better. *from My Little Chickadee with WC Fields

Jan in CA 04-14-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseFairy (Post 1320605)
I think knitcindy meant that she, herself, is normal-er then she thought she was. Since she put the comment after her name.

Oh good...I haven't lost my status. :lol:

knitcindy 04-15-2011 08:40 AM

Sorry about that Jan. I was talking about ME when I said that I'm normal-er than I thought I was!!

Let me just say that ALL OF US HERE are completely, utterly and extremely NORMAL!!! Every single one of us are! It's everyone else who isn't!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a GREAT knitting day!
knitcindy

Wanda Witch 04-15-2011 09:33 PM

Everyone who knits is normal-er. :yay: