KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FINISHED~~~~WIP ~ Banana Tree Cardigan (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104535)

Lighting57 05-26-2011 06:15 PM

FINISHED~~~~WIP ~ Banana Tree Cardigan

A search on ravelry will bring the free pattern up.

Banana Tree Cardigan

Eight inches into the pattern and this is what I have so far. I had to go outside to take the picture. Black is a hard color to photograph and an even harder color to knit. I have to sit by the window or outside. If I did not need a good black go to sweater, I would have used another color.

I changed the pattern to a horse shoe because it is easier to work and keep track of, especially on black. The yarn, Lion Brand AL-PA-KA, is a very nice yarn. I get gauge and 22 rows per 50 gram skein using a US#8 options interchangeable circular needle.

salmonmac 05-26-2011 06:35 PM

It looks great. I can't wait to see the finished sweater. I'm glad to know that the Lion Al-pa-ka is a nice yarn. Thanks very much.

ArtLady1981 05-27-2011 07:59 PM

Wonderful progress! I really do like the horseshoe cable! Plus, it is bolder...and shows up on the black very well!

Good job!!!

Jan in CA 05-28-2011 12:09 AM

Ohhhh that's beautiful!

Antares 06-01-2011 02:50 PM

Oh, this is coming along nicely! I hope you will post another pic when you're done!

Lighting57 06-01-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 1323242)
Oh, this is coming along nicely! I hope you will post another pic when you're done!

I have 13 inches of the body done and I'm hoping to separate for the back and fronts by the weekend.

I will post other pictures then.

ArtLady1981 06-01-2011 06:25 PM

Oh you'll love this part! :happydance: When you can separate the fronts and the back
and work the more manageable armhole regions!!!

Those long long lonnnnnng rows are done!

Lighting57 06-01-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 (Post 1323262)
Oh you'll love this part! :happydance: When you can separate the fronts and the back
and work the more manageable armhole regions!!!

Those long long lonnnnnng rows are done!

Artlady, what length did you make the sides on yours'? I am 5'4". I'm thinking 15". I'm making it by the 40" measurements. While wearing the sweater, how much distance is there from your armpit to the underarm seam? if you don't mind me asking.

ArtLady1981 06-01-2011 10:49 PM

My Banana Tree measures 18.5" from cast on to armhole bind-offs, where I divided to begin the armhole shaping. I'm 5 feet tall. I wanted a less sporty look. The slightly longer length is dressier, IMO. It doesn't fit too long or even tunic length.

Lighting57 06-02-2011 08:21 AM

I want the sweater to end about mid buttocks or slightly lower (about where my wrist are hanging at my side). If I had an idea where the seam fell below the armpit then I could better judge how long to actually make the sides. The pattern calls for 15, 16, & 17 inch sides. That's why I asked.

OH! I used the long tail CO and my bottom edge is rolling. Will blocking take care of this? The LB AL-PA-KA is 30% wool/ 30% alpaca, & 40% acrylic.
Thanks.