KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   "Firsts" (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104805)

ArtLady1981 06-21-2011 08:32 PM

"Firsts"

My first child (Shannon) with her first child (Charysa):

And this is Charysa with her first son, Baby J!

This is 3 wk old Baby J, wearing his first sweater, knit by great-gramma (me)! Go Huskies!

stitchabit 06-21-2011 08:51 PM

Beautiful girls and an adorable lil grand. I miss my first and only daughter and my 5 yr old twin grands. They live in Maine and I am in NC. Often, I feel I have missed out on alot not being able to see them every day or week. This "Mimi" has knitted them scarves and afghans.

ArtLady1981 06-21-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchabit (Post 1324380)
Beautiful girls and an adorable lil grand. I miss my first and only daughter and my 5 yr old twin grands. They live in Maine and I am in NC. Often, I feel I have missed out on alot not being able to see them every day or week. This "Mimi" has knitted them scarves and afghans.

I always feel bad when family becomes geographically separated!
I know it's often times unavoidable, but it's still sad when grandchildren don't have a gramma's lap to snuggle into. I suppose it's better to be a close family from a distance than feuding family that lives almost next door to each other!

salmonmac 06-22-2011 05:10 AM

What a beautiful family. Baby J is lovely, the perfect model baby. Best of health and much happiness to you all!

fatoldladyinpjs 06-22-2011 07:44 AM

Congratulations! What a lovely family! I, too, have a daughter expecting a baby in September. It's a girl! She's on the West Coast but they're selling their house and moving back home. I can hardly wait! We're on a streak. This baby will be the fifth generation of firstborn girls.

Doublereeder2 06-24-2011 10:14 AM

What a beautiful post.

Lisa R. 06-28-2011 09:43 AM

Y'all must all marry young. The two in the top picture look like sisters, and you don't look old enough to be mother to either one of them! I'm still getting used to the idea of you being a grandma and now you're a great! Amazing!

And I love the sweater!

MerigoldinWA 06-28-2011 03:23 PM

Thanks for the pictures, ArtLady. They're great. Your daughter and granddaughter are both beautiful. J looks very alert (he's really paying attention) in the picture of him in your sweater. Go Huskies! Whoever they are. :lol:

lelvsdgs 07-07-2011 10:10 PM

What a beautiful family! So nice to have all those generations together that's for sure!

ArtLady1981 07-10-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa R. (Post 1324737)
Y'all must all marry young. The two in the top picture look like sisters, and you don't look old enough to be mother to either one of them! I'm still getting used to the idea of you being a grandma and now you're a great! Amazing!

And I love the sweater!

I had Shannon when I was just 18. She had Charysa when she was 20. Charysa had Baby J at the age of 25. We're improving!

But I'm the one that had time to give birth to 5 children!

Maybe I'll live to hold Baby J's first child in my arms! When he's 20, I'll be 82! When he's 25, I'll be 87! In our family, reaching 80+ is entirely in the cards, barring unforeseen circumstances, of course.