KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Denise Interchangeable Needles (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105635)

BevKnitCroc 09-12-2011 05:07 PM

Denise Interchangeable Needles

Does anyone out there in knitting land use the Denise Interchangeable Needles kit? Do you fine it works well? Pros, cons?? I'm thinking of buying a kit but want to get some feedback from others who own a kit before I take the plunge. :knitting:

Jan in CA 09-12-2011 05:46 PM

Yes, there are people that use them here.

I have them, but never use them anymore. I found that the cable wasn't really flexible enough for magic loop and that the smallest cable/needle combination was about 17 inches and I prefer 16 if I'm not using magic loop. Overall they are nice needles and easy to attach to the cable though so many people do enjoy using them. (I use Knitpicks Options Nickel plated or occasionally Harmony wood)

DogCatMom 09-12-2011 08:33 PM

I have the Denise Interchangeable Crochet set, and I use it for Tunisian crochet hooks that are longer than 13" quite frequently. The loops come back up onto the main hook without much trouble, and the pointed hook head slips between the loops when it should and doesn't when it shouldn't. Very helpful.

I have no experience with the Denise knitting set, but have been told that, if you have either interchangeable set, you only need to purchase the "business ends" of what you're missing to have the equivalent of both! I.e., if you have the crochet set already, purchase replacement pairs of knitting-needle ends, and voilá--you'll have both the Interchangeable Crochet set and the Interchangeable Knitting set! :cheering:

DCM

ArtLady1981 09-14-2011 01:36 PM

IMO, Denise is a good set...but for the money...KnitPicks Options Interchangeables is a better value...and KnitPicks Interchangeables work better overall.

KnitPicks has great customer service, and usually...a real person picks up the telephone! What???
So if anything goes awry with any piece of your KP set...you have someone to call, and she'll fix you up ASAP, no questions asked, no fuss, no muss.

I have the Denise set (my first interchangeable set), and both sets of KnitPicks OPTIONS
interchangeables (the wood and the metal). I use KP over Denise.

However, Denise cables are neat if you want to park your knitting for a while (attach the endcaps).
The cables are fat and sturdy!

Marina1109 04-24-2013 10:16 PM

I'm thinking of trying a Denise set as well, BUT, I don't know how I feel or how I will like the fact that they're plastic.
They don't look very pointy to me.

Any feedback on that would be greatly appreciated it.

HeathersHobbies 04-25-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marina1109 (Post 1375794)
I'm thinking of trying a Denise set as well, BUT, I don't know how I feel or how I will like the fact that they're plastic.
They don't look very pointy to me.

Any feedback on that would be greatly appreciated it.

I have Denise interchangeable needles and they are great. The only problem is that there cords are too thick. They are not that pointy but they work well.

I like my knitter's pride Dreamz interchangeable needles. They are pointy enough but do not hurt your fingers like KP needles do. Their cords are very flexible and do not curl up.

But this is just my opinion :)

Marina1109 04-25-2013 09:18 AM

Thank You HeathersHobbies!!! :thumbsup:

HeathersHobbies 04-25-2013 09:39 AM

Oh your welcome :)

Jan in CA 04-25-2013 12:07 PM

Don't forget that KH sells both Dreams and Denise now! :yay:

N0obKnitter 04-25-2013 12:41 PM

I am currently knitting a baby sweater with my Denise interchangeables. Yarn is wool/silk. Pattern has M1, YO, Kfb and I'm enjoying it. I do not like pointy tips and I like the slight stickiness of the plastic, for control. The needles never come off the cord, either. The needles+cord are super light, too. I like the cord, too.

I <3 them.