KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Birthdays (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107050)

lori1551 12-15-2011 12:58 PM

Birthdays

Today is my big 6 0,,,, and I have been dreading it for the past year. I also felt like that with the 40,,, 50 was a breeze....

What about you,,, have you had any birthday's that you dreaded? and which ones?

Antares 12-15-2011 01:12 PM

Happy Birthday! And sorry to hear this one has caused you so much angst!!!

In all honesty, I can't say I've experienced this feeling. I'm always thrilled to turn another year older--and to be in good health!

After all, living another year is much better than the alternative!

Jan in CA 12-15-2011 02:51 PM

Happy Birthday! You still look wonderful and if you can knit and do the things you want to do you're doing great! :thumbsup:

My 59th was last week (the 6th). My 40th did give me pause..made realize how old I was and how close I was to the age when my mother died (44). 50 was okay and I don't think 60 will be a problem for me. I figure any day I still wake up and can enjoy my life I'm happy.

lori1551 12-15-2011 03:28 PM

This is my 2nd reply to this post, I can't find the 1st reply post so I'll try again, so if you see 2 replies with the same or similar notes you will know why it is duplicated.

Today has been a wonderful day, it was the past year and coming up to #60 that I was dreading.

Right now I have had so many phone calls, since 7:30 this am,,, my ear is sore from holding the phone for so long. Even was on Skype with my dear much, much older sister, ha ha for over an hour. She's in NC and I'm in Canada.

Beautiful white gold earrings this morning from my DH (which I have wanted as I only had yellow gold and now that my hair is getting more silver I was hoping to get white gold) I'm a lucky and happy woman!!!!

justplaincharlotte 12-15-2011 08:44 PM

Happy Birthday Lori! And many happy returns of the day to you as well I'm sorry that this bit of birthday angst has struck. :hug:

To answer your question, it's been a long time since birthday angst has hit me. Like the others, if the name of today's day ends in 'y' and I'm still breathing, it's an awesome day indeed.

Hang in there, and please be good to yourself at some point in the day for a quiet celebration. A glass of wine and a good book perhaps... :muah:

GrumpyGramma 12-16-2011 07:24 PM

Happy day after your birthday. I'm glad you had such a lovely day.

The birthday I dreaded was my 29th. My life was in such turmoil at that time (2 young kids, headed for divorce) that somehow the coming birthday was something that I just didn't want. Now I'm eligible for senior discounts (how'd that happen?) and have 2 wonderful grandkids. It seems all the things I dreaded were manageable after all.

Have a great year! :hug:

Wanda Witch 12-16-2011 09:22 PM

My worst was turning 40. Now I have to really laugh - I turned 82 last September and would not want to be young again, not even 40. NOW, IF I could turn back the clock to when I WAS 40 and possibly do some things differently that would be different. Enjoy each year you are blessed. Actually, I really don't feel (between the ears for the most part) more than well, let's say 60; however in the joints - oh well, can't have everything now, can we. Those of any age who are facing whatever birthday, have good ones. :yay:

lori1551 12-18-2011 11:12 AM

That must have been a terrible time for you. Now we look back and laugh... it is a good thing we can do that!

lori1551 12-18-2011 11:13 AM

Good for you, 82 and on the computer... You are something else!! that is just so awesome... I can say you are the only 82 year old I know that is computer literate... love it!!

40 was also a tough one for me... 50 was a breeze!!

lotusvery 12-20-2011 03:49 AM

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday! I think the 20, 30, 40...60 are all very special birthdays. :wink: I can't expect how I will spend on my 60's.