KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Newby :) (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107408)

heatherm36 01-10-2012 10:59 PM

Newby :)

:woot: Hello everyone. I wanted to introduce myself as i'm new here. I actually found this site from Pinterest last night. I can knit, but really only a scarf and it takes me FOREVER.

I taught myself from a book a friend sent me years ago. Well, it had a few left handed instructions but not many, so I had to try it basically doing it backwards to what the instructions said. So needless to say I need to re-learn. I have gotten new straight needles and also a pair of circular needles as i'm thinking I wanna do a blanket eventually. But first I want to maybe do scarves for my bubs who are 2 & 4.

I am a total book nerd, love to go to the movies or just watch them at home. I have no children, but I have raised my sisters kids and am now on great-nephews.

I used to be heavily involved in a few forums but the last few years have sucked badly for the family so I am now taking time off for myself and slowly looking for a new job. And i'm hoping things are going to be good instead of just eh for this year.

So I hope to get to know everyone better, and I should warn everyone I have a tendancy to ramble :)

:woohoo:

Ingrid 01-10-2012 11:10 PM

Welcome!!:happydance:

heatherm36 01-11-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingrid (Post 1339283)
Welcome!!:happydance:

Excited to be here :)

Bambin 01-11-2012 06:18 AM

Hello

Hi there, I'm new too, so I hope you don't mind be jumping in on the bottom of your thread!
I'm from England and was taught to knit by my grandma when I was a little girl, I've only recently started again and I don't know why I left it so long!
Lovely to meet y'all!
:)

suzeeq 01-11-2012 11:24 AM

Hello to both newbies and welcome!

GrumpyGramma 01-11-2012 01:42 PM

:p Hi, welcome, knitting is addictive, if you haven't already figured that out!

heatherm36 01-11-2012 10:04 PM

nope don't mind at all :)

ahh, your grandma taught you? I don't even remember if mine knew how to knit. my sister knows how to crochet and has tried to teach me that, but she goes to fast and needless to say i STILL can't do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambin (Post 1339297)
Hi there, I'm new too, so I hope you don't mind be jumping in on the bottom of your thread!
I'm from England and was taught to knit by my grandma when I was a little girl, I've only recently started again and I don't know why I left it so long!
Lovely to meet y'all!
:)

justplaincharlotte 01-13-2012 12:04 PM

Welcome, Heather and Bambin, to the nicest bunch of people I've ever met online!:muah:

Jan in CA 01-13-2012 03:25 PM

Welcome to Knitting Help!! :yay:

ChatyKathy 01-13-2012 04:25 PM

:woohoo: Welcome Heather and Bambin... :woohoo: