KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: Sylvi (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107686)

laikabear 01-29-2012 09:54 PM

FO: Sylvi

3 Attachment(s)
I started Sylvi in the fall of 2008. In early 2009, the project stalled because I wanted to make some modifications and wasn't sure how to do them. I had finished the body and sleeves, and put the pieces in storage.

I wanted to omit the hood and make a collar, but I wasn't sure what type of collar I wanted. I wanted to put onseam pockets in, but I wasn't sure how exactly to do it. And I wanted to sew in a lining, but I don't really sew AT ALL, and I don't have a machine.

So Sylvi sat until 3 weeks ago, when I resolved to finish or frog all 8 of my LONG TIME UFOs (I'm at 4 finished so far!). I decided to just go with the pattern. I sewed her up, knitted the hood, and what do you know, I love Sylvi!

I am still a little worried about this heavy knit growing, but... for now she is perfect.

I got the buttons from Etsy. I like that they are handmade, too!

We haven't had weather to wear Sylvi yet, but I'm hopeful late January and February will bring me an excuse.

ArtLady, I hope you see this, because YOU were a HUGE help to me during our KAL for Sylvi.

Now for some photos. Please excuse my Doberman, Darcy. She thinks she needs to be in every photo. :teehee:

laikabear 01-29-2012 09:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
2 more photos!

ABC's Mom 01-29-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laikabear (Post 1340920)
2 more photos!

Wow that is one awesome sweater/coat!!!

GrumpyGramma 01-29-2012 10:07 PM

Absolutely stunning! How beautiful! I love your buttons, too. Congratulations on a wonderful FO!!!
:cheering: :yay: :happydance:
Enjoy wearing it. May the weather cooperate.
Thank you for sharing your photos....dog and all. :p

justplaincharlotte 01-29-2012 11:09 PM

Beautiful! :thumbsup:
And of course Darcy must be in every photo!:teehee:

Jan in CA 01-30-2012 02:29 AM

That is gorgeous, Maureen!! :inlove:

salmonmac 01-30-2012 06:55 AM

Absolutely gorgeous! I so glad that you finished Sylvi. You both should be out and about and looking fabulous. Well done.

nonny2t 01-30-2012 08:25 AM

Wow, absolutely spectacular. It is a beautiful garment that I know you have to love.

Woodi 01-30-2012 11:41 AM

TRIPLE WOW, Maureen. Congratulations on completing what I would fear to even begin. It looks great! I hope you get to wear it soon.

and I thought your other post showing a UFO was a great accomplishment, until I saw that you did this! I am totally awed.

Wanda Witch 01-30-2012 02:31 PM

Sylvi looks fantastic, a job beautifully done. Now, you are 'inspiring' me to finish my Sylvi also, which is in hibernation. I put it aside after the sleeves and the fronts as I was really dubious about the detail(s) on the back of the coat. Yours looks perfect. :yay: