KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Request: How about a "bearded knitting guy smile?" LOL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108202)

OffJumpsJack 03-08-2012 01:26 AM

Request: How about a "bearded knitting guy smile?" LOL

I got some strange looks today as I was KIP at the local Orthodontist waiting room.

Then I remembered, I hadn't shaved it two days.

Maybe they weren't staring at this guy knitting, but at the unshaven guy knitting... (and that's why I wanted the smile).

:) :guyknitting:

GrumpyGramma 03-08-2012 02:27 AM

Funny looks, huh? Well.....
A bearded guy knitting sounds pretty cool. IRL or smiley. Just be careful if your beard grows much that you don't knit it into your project.

Jan in CA 03-08-2012 02:14 PM

:lol: Have you ever made a smiley? It's pretty complicated and I've only done it once. I made this one years ago. :mmm: Not sure I even remember all the steps to do it, but I'll keep it in mind and let you know if we come up with one.

ETA: Okay, challenge taken. I downloaded some software and took a look at it. It's 23 layers on this one -:X:. I might not get it done quickly (or at all), but I'll see what I can do. :thumbsup:

Antares 03-08-2012 03:57 PM

Or you could just shave and use any of the unshaven smileys! :)

But wait, Jan needs to do something besides knit for awhile, so don't ruin her fun!!

GrumpyGramma 03-08-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1344322)
:lol: Have you ever made a smiley? It's pretty complicated and I've only done it once. I made this one years ago. :mmm: Not sure I even remember all the steps to do it, but I'll keep it in mind and let you know if we come up with one.

ETA: Okay, challenge taken. I downloaded some software and took a look at it. It's 23 layers on this one -:X:. I might not get it done quickly (or at all), but I'll see what I can do. :thumbsup:

How about making it a bearded person. Sometimes we girls might like to use a bearded smiey too.:rofl:

Jan, that's awful nice of you. I was thinking when I read how hard it is, maybe the dude that asked for it could make it and submit it for use. Jack probably needs something to amuse him. :mrgreen:

Jan in CA 03-08-2012 07:16 PM

:lol: I don't mind playing with stuff like this if I have the time. There'll be knitting and reading in between though.

I think Jack works and knits like many of us do..when we have the time. ;)

dreamsherl 03-08-2012 07:24 PM

LOL :roflhard:

OffJumpsJack 09-04-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1344336)
:lol: I don't mind playing with stuff like this if I have the time. There'll be knitting and reading in between though.

I think Jack works and knits like many of us do..when we have the time. ;)

I've heard tell of a thing called time, but wow I've been too busy to find out what it is. ;)

Just sent my oldest off to college last month. Maybe with one less in the house I might have more time on the computer? Probably wishful thinking.

I have made icons before, even though they are static they are still fiddly things to try and make look recognizable. I don't know how to make an animated GIF.

It was so long ago I don't remember my exact thoughts when asking but I think I really just figured it would be a funny thought. Didn't expect it to get serious consideration.

the :guyknitting: is :thumbsup: for me.

Jan in CA 09-04-2012 11:32 PM

Hi Jack, I still haven't done it... kind of forgot, but I'll get to it eventually.

Is your oldest going to college locally or will he/she just be home for holidays? Mine are all out of the house now and my doggie died last month so it's almost too quiet around here! It's nice when they come to visit. :thumbsup:

OffJumpsJack 09-04-2012 11:55 PM

Jan, Thanks for asking, but it depends on your definition of local.

He is attending college in PA while we live in NC. But he is 1.5 hours north of my in-laws and 1.5 hours south of his Mom's in-laws. So we think is is semi-local to family (Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins) on each side.

Now, so long as we can avoid any Hatfield vs. McCoy over where he spends his (short) holidays we'll be just fine. :)