KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Finally: Hat Menagerie Batch 2 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108259)

Antares 03-12-2012 03:11 PM

Finally: Hat Menagerie Batch 2

4 Attachment(s)
Here is the last of the hats requested by the nieces and the nephew:

This is the ski mask for my nephew (He thought he looked like a ninja, I think, which was cool by him):
Attachment 55802

And next we have the cat hat for a niece:
Attachment 55803

And finally the flop-eared rabbit hat (on model):
Attachment 55804

And here's the side profile, so you can see the . . . . ahem . . . bunny tail (as well as the funny face she was making):
Attachment 55805

Thanks for looking!

Jan in CA 03-12-2012 05:27 PM

Beautiful! Love the kitty and bunny!!!

salmonmac 03-12-2012 08:47 PM

Oh, those are respectively, cool, adorable and too cute. Lucky nieces and nephew!

justplaincharlotte 03-13-2012 10:00 PM

Antares, Those hats are covered with awesomesauce!:cool:

Jan in CA 03-14-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplaincharlotte (Post 1344696)
Antares, Those hats are covered with awesomesauce!:cool:

:lol: I agree!

bambi 03-15-2012 04:43 PM

Too darn cute!

Olha 03-18-2012 09:10 PM

Love 'em. The bunny hat triggers some unreasonable giggles and even more unreasonable desire to state that the next hat I make for myself will look just like that :)

The kitty is really cute, and I like the eyes -- very nice choice of buttons.

And the ski mask is cool, any Ninja would agree with that.

Overall, great job. (Standing ovation).

GrumpyGramma 03-18-2012 09:33 PM

Covered with awesome sauce. I can't find a better remark. Love 'em!

Antares 03-18-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olha (Post 1345029)
Love 'em. The bunny hat triggers some unreasonable giggles and even more unreasonable desire to state that the next hat I make for myself will look just like that :)

The kitty is really cute, and I like the eyes -- very nice choice of buttons.

And the ski mask is cool, any Ninja would agree with that.

Overall, great job. (Standing ovation).

Thank you!

If you do decide to ever make a flop-eared bunny hat, I have some special advice about the ears, which by the way are two layers because I couldn't figure out any other way of doing all white on one side and brown inner ear on the other. As you can imagine, this made for some rather heavy ears (especially since these were extra long). So I had to come up with a means of reinforcing them at the sew-on point to keep them from pulling the hat stitches down. When I sewed the ears on, I also poked the yarn through a strip of stiff lace ribbon that stretched from one ear to the other and across the hole in the top. This seems to have worked perfectly. Time will tell for sure, though.

Yeah, the cat eye buttons were ones I finally found at a Wal-Mart, I think. The indentions around the holes in the buttons reminded me of cat eyes.

ArtLady1981 03-21-2012 10:37 AM

Cute hats!!!

The ninja hat is a balaclava! Originally worn by airforce pilots under their helmets!