KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Knitting (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   With the Weather change I'm not very interested (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108707)

LoveBugAngel 04-19-2012 11:48 AM

With the Weather change I'm not very interested

Anyone else have this problem?

I have kind of lost interest in knitting with the beautiful weather.

Jan in CA 04-19-2012 01:10 PM

That's normal. You can do something else for a bit or just do something simple like a hat just to keep your "finger in the pie" so to speak. That's what I do when I don't know what else to do for the time being.

salmonmac 04-19-2012 06:43 PM

I like to spend time outside too in this wonderful season but I still find time to knit. I do it by cutting back on frivolous activities like cleaning and cooking. And did I mention cleaning?

Jan in CA 04-19-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1347076)
I like to spend time outside too in this wonderful season but I still find time to knit. I do it by cutting back on frivolous activities like cleaning and cooking. And did I mention cleaning?

:roflhard:

I've been sitting outside to knit if it's nice. Of course if your choice of outdoor activity involves bike riding, roller blading and the such I'd advise against knitting at the same time. :lol:

knitcindy 04-19-2012 10:16 PM

I keep on knitting no matter what the weather is like. If I've got an afghan that I haven't finished, then I switch to something smaller because I don't feel like sweating from under the afghan.

So I usually don't get as much knitting done as I do in the colder months, but I do get knitting done!!

knitcindy

LoveBugAngel 04-20-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1347087)
:roflhard:

I've been sitting outside to knit if it's nice. Of course if your choice of outdoor activity involves bike riding, roller blading and the such I'd advise against knitting at the same time. :lol:

I wish I could sit outside to knit but I live in an apartment and dont have a balcony. I'd have to go find a park or something.

Antares 04-20-2012 10:26 AM

I definitely knit a lot less when the weather is nice--partly because I lose interest in it and partly because I'm too busy doing other stuff. When the garden or the kayak or the tent or the hiking trail call, I'm gone!

Enjoy the nice weather in any way you can while you can. I'd be willing to bet that your buried knitting desire will burst forth once again come fall!

Squirrel 04-23-2012 05:38 AM

Still very much knitting weather here. 9degrees celcius wind rain and hail

knitcindy 04-23-2012 08:43 AM

Back to colder knitting weather again!!! We had about a week of beautiful, spring/summer weather..................then it rained all yesterday!!!! This week is supposed to be cold & rainy with high temps in the 50's!

:cheering: for knitting

:waah: for sitting outside!!!

knitcindy

Antares 04-23-2012 01:47 PM

Knitcindy: You can send us ALL your rain! We're back to dry as a bone where I'm at (after a deliciously wet winter). I'll even happily put up with the cooler temps if we can just get some rain.