KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Look what took a break on my Peach Tree (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108985)

cheley 05-18-2012 06:55 AM

Look what took a break on my Peach Tree
 
;)
Yay...I did it...now on to the story..I googled this beautiful creature and it is an Atlas Moth, native too Subtropical and tropical areas!! I live in Ohio (10 miles South of Lake Erie), and I have no idea why "he" decided to hang out for awhile on my Peach Tree...for a couple of hours...amazing

Antares 05-18-2012 10:32 AM

Did you resize your photo per the instructions on this site? Maybe try that and then post again.

cheley 05-18-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 1348798)
Did you resize your photo per the instructions on this site? Maybe try that and then post again.

I was able tooo..here's another fantastic view

GrumpyGramma 05-18-2012 11:07 AM

Wow! That's beautiful! I'm glad you got to see it and get your photos. What a rare opportunity.

Antares 05-18-2012 12:38 PM

How cool is that!! About how large do you think he is?

I'm so glad you were able to finally post the pictures; it was worth the wait.

cheley 05-18-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 1348821)
How cool is that!! About how large do you think he is?

I'm so glad you were able to finally post the pictures; it was worth the wait.

"His" wing span was about 5.5 to 6''..It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen..It looked like he had an orange cape of fur on and the antennae looked fake..It was amazing...all my pics are on Flickr I will pm you my email..take a look...also if you googel Atlas Moth you will see more ..thanks

Jan in CA 05-18-2012 02:57 PM

Wow, that is awesome!!

salmonmac 05-18-2012 08:24 PM

What a great picture! Thanks so much for posting it and giving us all a chance to see it. Amazing and beautiful.

cheley 05-18-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1348857)
What a great picture! Thanks so much for posting it and giving us all a chance to see it. Amazing and beautiful.

You are sooo welcome! I only hope more people take the time too check it out!!!

livn4them 05-19-2012 06:50 AM

Thanks for sharing! He's BEAUTIFUL!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 AM.


copyright knittinghelp.com