KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   What'cha Knittin'? (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FO: Perry Cardigan, new photos (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109158)

ArtLady1981 06-04-2012 04:55 PM

FO: Perry Cardigan, new photos

I purchased this yarn at the May 2010 Yarn Crawl! Oy vey. I was totally out of control!
My first (and last) yarn crawl, let me tell ya!

It's taken me these two years to find just the right design to pair with this yarn. The colorway is named "Redtail Hawk" and I fell in mad love with those gorgeous hanks hanging there on wooden pegs on the walls of the LYS somewhere in a very rural location! I think the reason I went so wild is that I'd never seen anything like it, and I knew I'd never be back to this remote LYS! lol

Here is the yarn:

Here is the cardigan. I have 3 hanks left...about 800 yards...

The cardigan pattern is called PERRY, by Michelle Wang. Here are my notes at Ravelry,
and you can find the pattern here.

Here is a photo of the model sweater. See how long it is?

My Perry fits me like the model sweater fits that 5'7" tall model! :wink:

We're going out tonight to our granddaughter's school concert. I'm wearing this cardigan with black jeans, black sleeveless top and black boots. I'll get a photo.

salmonmac 06-04-2012 06:26 PM

Mmmm, gorgeous, as ever! It's a beautiful combination of colors and you've chosen a fine pattern to show them off. Just enough detail to make it interesting and not too much to detract from the yarn. I love Mountain Colors partly because of a coat knit in 3 different yarns, all dyed the same colors. They do lovely yarn.

Antares 06-04-2012 06:48 PM

Ahhh! The perfect pattern for the perfect yarn. What could be better? Oh, well, yes, knitting it up perfectly, and then, of course, wearing it for all to see! It's a win-win-win-win-win (etc.) situation!

Absolutely splendid!!

ArtLady1981 06-04-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmonmac (Post 1349674)
Mmmm, gorgeous, as ever! It's a beautiful combination of colors and you've chosen a fine pattern to show them off. Just enough detail to make it interesting and not too much to detract from the yarn. I love Mountain Colors partly because of a coat knit in 3 different yarns, all dyed the same colors. They do lovely yarn.

The yarn blocked OBEDIENTLY & PERFECTLY, too!

There was some discrepancy on the yarn labels. Some labels stated different yardages and gram weights from the others, plus most hanks weighed MORE than stated on their labels! So I'm left wondering if I've got the YARDAGE stated.

It appears as if I was given loads more. I contacted the yarn people, and they said they measure the yardage by the 'turns' around, not so much on weight.

I'm still left wondering how many yards my Perry used, and how much yarn is really left over. The yarn people have a loosey-goosey way of packaging their hanks. If anything, they are cheating themselves out of a whole heck-of-a-lotta yarn!

ArtLady1981 06-05-2012 02:22 AM

Here is me wearing my Perry!

Here is me, wearing my Perry for my granddaughter's grade school concert tonight.

Antares 06-05-2012 02:23 PM

Wowzer! You look splendissimo!! :thumbsup:

Wanda Witch 06-05-2012 04:41 PM

An amazing cardigan. I love the pattern, enough detail without being too fussy, and the yarn compliments it perfectly. Looks great on you. Hope the concert was a fine event too.

nonny2t 06-06-2012 09:38 AM

You are right, it is gorgeous yarn and the sweater pattern is perfect. I love the long sweaters. You did a fabo job too as always!

Jan in CA 06-06-2012 01:13 PM

I love it and the color looks great on you!

okckwilter 06-06-2012 03:04 PM

Gorgeous cardigan! I can certainly see why you fell in love with that yarn! Scrumptious!