KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Just had to say hi to everyone! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109240)

justplaincharlotte 06-12-2012 11:00 PM

Just had to say hi to everyone!

Been lurking about off and on for way too long! With the not so new anymore new job I've had to choose between lurking and knitting, posting and knitting, knitting and sleep, and knitting and husband. I suppose I'm lucky to have so many loves in my life, with knitting as the constant, knowing that I can always come back to KH. ;)

My goodness, how I've missed everyone here! :muah:

Jan in CA 06-12-2012 11:07 PM

Hey Charlotte! The new job losing that new job "smell" is it? :lol: Tough when you have to choose! Nice to see you!

Ingrid 06-13-2012 02:14 PM

:muah: :muah: Sometimes life just gets in the way, huh?

Antares 06-13-2012 05:17 PM

With so many people out of a job, I'm thankful to hear that you're working, but I am sorry about the no time to knit problem. That's a bummer! And having to choose between knitting and other essentials in life is really a bummer. I hope it's a short-term issue.

Oh, and by the way, :waving:

justplaincharlotte 06-14-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan in CA (Post 1350203)
Hey Charlotte! The new job losing that new job "smell" is it? :lol: Tough when you have to choose! Nice to see you!

Indeed it has lost that new job smell! :shrug: But it has accomplished some stunning retirement yarn purchases. Some people save money for retirement, I save yarn. :woohoo:

Good hearing from you too!

justplaincharlotte 06-14-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antares (Post 1350235)
With so many people out of a job, I'm thankful to hear that you're working, but I am sorry about the no time to knit problem. That's a bummer! And having to choose between knitting and other essentials in life is really a bummer. I hope it's a short-term issue.

Oh, and by the way, :waving:

Antares,

:waving: back at ya!

Having worked only part time for so long believe me, I am grateful to have a full time job! And I'm sure many of those in a similar boat to mine are finding the same situation as me.

I *think* I'm getting a handle on the work cadence because I somehow found time to get a lace scarf started and about 2 feet of it worked up, and to cook dinner a few times with husband's, er, help.;)

justplaincharlotte 06-14-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingrid (Post 1350222)
:muah: :muah: Sometimes life just gets in the way, huh?

As always, but it's all good. I'm a "the glass is half full" kind of girl.:thumbsup:

cindylou 06-17-2012 09:18 AM

Charlotte...I'm still a newbie here, but wanted to say hello!
:knitting:

justplaincharlotte 06-19-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindylou (Post 1350386)
Charlotte...I'm still a newbie here, but wanted to say hello!
:knitting:

Hi CindyLou,

Thanks for saying hi, and it's nice to meet you. Once upon a time I was a new newbie posting all the time, now I'm just an old one who predominantly lurks. ;)

A belated welcome to KH, everyone here is just marvelous! :heart:

salmonmac 06-22-2012 08:52 PM

You are indeed lucky to have so many loves in your very full life. Welcome back. It's great to hear from you again!