KnittingHelp.com Forum

KnittingHelp.com Forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Still pregnant - He's here !! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109673)

vaknitter 07-20-2012 02:16 PM

Still pregnant - He's here !!

I am being grumpy and ranting (thank you in advance for listening). My due date is Tuesday, I have been having contractions for 2 days, but they are not regular enough to warrant a trip to the hosp. Baby is so low the OB is literally worried we may not make it to the hosp in time if my water breaks at home but he cannot admit me without regular contractions and I don't want to be induced. Guess I will go for another walk while there is a break in the rain

salmonmac 07-20-2012 04:52 PM

Yes, we remember this, twice. This baby is on its way, on its own time schedule and this is only the beginning of adapting to its needs. It always seems so frustrating and so slow. I often wondered how 9 months was the average when every one I knew delivered well past the predicted due date. Hang in there (you have a choice?) and all the best. These are good times.

Jan in CA 07-20-2012 04:52 PM

Oh dear..I remember those last days well. I tried all kinds of stuff and hoped it would help. In the end they came when they wanted. :lol: DD1 was 2 days early, and DD2 was on her due date. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your little one doesn't go beyond the due date!

vaknitter 07-20-2012 08:55 PM

My first son was a week early and this baby dropped early(and twice) so OB was predicting he would be here early and quick. Now I am edging closer and closer to my due date.... When I saw him Thursday morning I had been having contractions on/off for several hours and he said he figured I was in labor and had progressed a lot in one week so he ended my appt with "see you tonight."

Becky Morgan 07-20-2012 09:30 PM

Been there, done that...the almost-labor can go on forever. That said, I hope you're flying to the hospital by now for a really quick, easy labor and a healthy kid!:grphug:

Christinechrstms1 07-21-2012 12:41 AM

With my third and last baby I was 5 days late. I was getting very impatient. When labor finally started they were barely there contractions last lasted only 35 seconds each. Hospital staff didn't think I was in labor but I knew I was. 30 minutes after admission I had a healthy baby girl. Best wishes for things to go as smoothly for you and the baby! Congratulations!

amy 07-21-2012 02:49 PM

Best wishes for a smooth labor and a healthy baby!

vaknitter 07-24-2012 05:15 PM

ok - today's my due date and I spent 3 hrs swimming in the pool with my toddler so if that doesn't induce labor then nothing will. have another appt on Thursday...maybe I'll feel more agreeable to induction by then

Jan in CA 07-25-2012 01:12 AM

Oh boy. Not fun ever, but in the heat of summer...ugh! I'm not sure I'd have wanted to be induced either. There's something about having it all happen the way nature intended. However, I also understand why you might.

vaknitter 07-25-2012 01:57 PM

Jan - I am hoping when I see the MD that I am far enough along that he can induce labor just by breaking my water. I had my son without medication and I was hoping to do the same with this one.
On the bright side, my son is sleeping and my mom is doing my laundry so I guess I will kick back and knit a blanket for the new little guy. At this rate I may have it finished before he shows up : )
Thanks for letting me whine.